Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Don't Usually Eat Breakfast Twice


But yesterday was a MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting, and as usual, my intentions to eat a normal breakfast before I go to the meeting, so I won't be hungry, go completely out the window when I see all of the DELICIOUS breakfast casseroles & BEAUTIFUL pastries that these women slaved over!

And speaking of MOPS, one of the other MOPS moms (Shout out to Julie!) has been trying to get me to do this diet for the longest time and she just gave me the 100+ page binder (seriously!) about it yesterday...whew, this is intense! It's basically a high protein / low carb diet, with very specific times you can eat, and very specific exercises that you need to do only 3x a week. I'm not one to waste the food we already have in the house (which is on the low fat side of things, not low carb), so I think I will give this diet a whirl starting Saturday, when I do the grocery shopping for the week. The scariest part: I need to drink a protein shake not only once, but 3X a day!!! I've never tried a protein shake, and my gag reflex is activating itself at just the thought!

Breakfast: Chocolate Delight Special K, dry, with a glass of water

2nd Breakfast, LOL: MOPS!...that's all I'm gonna say about that. :0)

Late Lunch: Left Overs from Pat & Oscars

Snack: Mother's Frosted Circus Cookies

Dinner: Italian Sausage Soup...I was hoping the title of my post would be "Olive Garden Eat Your Heart Out!" but seriously this no where near compared to the vibrant flavor of Olive Garden's Italian Sausage Soup...in fact, despite all of the ingredients in this soup, it was actually quite flavorless! But if you wake up one morning and feel like serving your family a dish right out of the kitchen of Little Annie's Orphanage, here you go: http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/healthified/italian-sausage-soup.aspx

Exercise: 30 minute aerobic exercise DVD. I did want to do our 3 mile walk, but it was raining yesterday afternoon.

Weight GAIN: 1.5 lbs...LOSER! :0(

Praying for a successful day today!

5 comments:

  1. lol Little Annie's Orphanage- I think I'll pass on this recipe, but thanks!

    What diet are you talking about- just curious. The hubby and I have been off and on south beach (which is low carb mostly) for his diabetes. We love the results we get... we feel great... but we only last so long before we're maniacs for french fries and baked potatoes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up, E!

    And you are so NOT a loser...you rock!

    Now for my 2nd breakfast, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I can't really remember the name of it, and I gave it to another friend to photocopy for me. I do know that it is NOT SB diet...however, I do think it is similar, as far as the eating is concerned. For Breakfast & Lunch, you need to have 40% Protein, 40% veggies/fruit & then 20% Carbs. But dinner is 40% protein and 60% veggies...no carbs. But it seems doable. The other things that are odd/different for me in the 3 protein shakes a day, consuming a bunch of flax seed oil, and drinking green tea. In addition there are some VERY specific exercises that you need to do...from the diagrams, it looks like strength training with resistant bands, exercise ball, free/hand weights, and a medicine ball. They want you to do this 3x a week, and supposedly the exercise routines only last 20 minutes each day. The guy isn't pushing cardio AT ALL, but I still want to make walking (and eventually jogging) a regular part of life. I think I will eliminate the workout DVD in the morning, and on the 4 days that I don't do the strength training, I will go for my walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting. Let me know the name of it when you get the packet back and I will search around the net to see if I can find some info! This sounds like something that would be good for weight loss and good for diabetes. We find it hard to balance diet between me and the hubby because low fat/low cal diets tend to be higher in carbs/sugars which is bad for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, the guy is called Jorge Cruise...and it appears as though he has multiple plans you can do. If you go to his website www.jorgecruise.com there is a great video on his most recent eating plan, "Belly Fat Cure". However, the binder I was given seems to be a combination of his "12 Second Sequence" workout routine, and then for food, it is his "3 Hour Diet".

    Here is a youtube video I found to describe the workouts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b55A31jcdSA

    Here is more info on the diet: http://www.3hourdiet.com/home/index.php

    If you just google "jorge cruise 3 hour diet" or "jorge cruise 12 second sequence" you will find A TON of info, reviews, books, videos, etc.

    Hope this helps! :0)

    ReplyDelete