Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 6- Praying for Self Control


The obvious thought would be asking for self control for the things that go IN to my mouth, but actually, what is just as harmful, and possibly even worse, is controlling the things that come OUT of my mouth! I love food, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I think about food often. However, when I am trying to be "good" and I start thinking about all of the chubby foods that I'm not ALLOWED to eat, I begin to throw a tantrum of sorts by pouting, feeling sorry for myself, and even walking around the house whining about how I want chocolate. I cuddle up next to my husband on the couch, and in a sad voice I pitifully lay out my case as to why it's not fair that I can't eat a cupcake...as if he is the one that controls whether the donuts will literally go straight to my rear! If we entertain the thoughts in our head, they produce words...and if we talk about it long enough, our words speak action. Yesterday I was in tune to my thoughts, and didn't let them go further than that. It was RIDICULOUSLY hard to not fall into my pitty-pattern, but I did make good food choices ALL day! :0)

Breakfast: Chocolaty Delight Special K, dry, with a glass of water (How great is it that there is now actually an acceptable way to eat CHOCOLATE for breakfast!?!? And I'm not talking about chocolate powdered puffs & krispies...there are real pieces of chocolate (or something that tastes EXACTLY like it) amongst sweetened flakes of cereal...SOOO GOOD!)

Morning Snack: A combination of a small portion of both pretzels & fishy crackers.

Lunch: (a HUGE lunch)- A whole tuna sandwich, a banana, some grapes & BBQ baked lays.

Afternoon Snack: A pack of Scooby Doo fruit snacks & a small handful of fishy crackers.

Dinner: 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich, more chips, lots of corn, and for dessert, a 100-cal pack of ho-ho's.

Exercise- 30 minute aerobic workout video using hand-weights in the morning, and then as a family we went for our 3 mile power-walk in the late afternoon. We jogged a bit, but nothing serious.

Weight-loss: 1.5 lbs for a total of 3.5 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO! Keep it up, buttercup!

    And I love that you are all mommy...having your scooby snacks, ha ha.

    xoxo,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete