Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yes & No

I love a good "Yes & No" answer!

Q. Did you eat lunch yet?
A. Yes and No. Yes, I did just eat enough calories to equate a meal, but no, I don't think 4 pieces of Sees Candy are going to hold me over until dinner.

Q. Did you get the mail?
A. Yes and No. Yes, I went to the mailbox to check and see if we had any mail. But no, there wasn't any mail, so I am not sure if the mailman came yet.

As you can read (somewhere) on this site, when I started this blog, I set out to lose 70 pounds by my 30th birthday. Over the course of the last 3 days (my 30th birthday weekend) I had quite a few people ask me if I had accomplished this goal. The answer is..."Yes and No."

Yes, I lost 70 pounds, in fact MORE than 70 pounds over these past several months. However, I would lose 10 pounds, and then gain 6...I would lose 3 pounds and then gain 12...I would then lose 2 pounds, and then gain 8...and that weight loss/gain roller coaster would go on and on and on...

At the peek of my weight gain (returning home from beach camping in September of this year), I had gained 23 pounds since the start of this blog. And on the morning of my party, I achieved a personal weight goal (separate from my blog goal) and my total weight loss since beach camping was 42 pounds.

So No, I am not 70 pounds lighter than when I started this blog. My net weight loss is 18 pounds. I wanted to lose those 70 pounds so I would feel beautiful. I wanted to be slimmer. I wanted to be healthier.

And while I did not lose 70 pounds...I did lose some weight, and I did accomplish all of my other goals! I was definitely slimmer, I am MUCH healthier, and this weekend, I felt TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL! :0)







2 comments: