Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Girls (and boys) just wanna have fun..."

I doubt you heard about it on the news, and I don't think I remember seeing a billboard about it, but you may have heard...I turned 30!!! I have been planning this party for about a year, and the impossible happened...my birthday celebration FAR EXCEEDED my GIGANTIC expectations!

I'm going to give it a good try, but words cannot due justice to the overwhelmingly joyous feeling I have!

I received little (and big) birthday gifts from Jesus all week long...Seriously. I felt 100% loved by my Savior...He was in the DETAILS!

My in-laws flew in from Indiana on Thursday, and we were so blessed by their company!

I had such special moments with my mom on Thursday and Friday night decorating for my party. We were both excited, silly, and in our creative element!

As if I couldn't have been more pumped-up on my own, I was getting some of the best text messages all week from my party guests! Their excitement was only boosting my own excitement up a few notches!

The backdrop for my party was spectacular! The Adam's (the friends who let me have the party in their home) were incredibly GRACIOUS! Their home is SO beautiful, and the weather was PER.FECT.

My sister Jenni made an amazing video of my first 30 years. I loved watching the video for the first time at my party, but the following 50 times at home have been even BETTER! I am a total cry-baby when I'm tired, and you should know, I'm EXHAUSTED! The video summarized my life in under 10 minutes, and I feel beyond blessed to be who I am, to have made the choices that I did to get me to this point, and to be loved and supported by the people that do just that.

To have people at my party from all of the different areas of my life was 5% challenging (I wanted to spend more time with everyone) but 95% AMAZING! The food was delicious (although, I was surprisingly not hungry, nor did I have much time to eat), the costumes were AWESOME, and my guests were just so much fun!

Many people have asked me what my favorite part of the night was, and I am surprised to admit, that it was my 60 minute+ Karaoke Concert/Performance! When I had decided to have karaoke at my party, I knew that this was only for my guests...I would just be a spectator. I can NOT sing. And I have ZERO "moves"! Although some might have a different suggestion, I'm gonna blame my karaoke experience on the confidence that Zumba has given me!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures...













1 comment:

  1. I loved, loved, loved ALL the details! Look for round 2 of this 80's party in 1.5 years, lol.

    Honestly, E, thank you for having us. It was such a blessing to celebrate such a sweet girl. We love and admire you and will especially love you more now that we have had a chance to witness you doing the robot. There is nothing quite like that on earth.

    xoxo,
    Veronica
    p.s. I had so much fun shopping for my outfit and getting ready. I loved playing with my makeup and seeing Tim come out of his shell in that wig was worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete