Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, January 24, 2011

JUICY...burger?

In true chubby diaries fashion, when the topic of "Juicy" would come up, I would normally be referring to a Juicy Cheese Burger (on a "bad" day), or a Juicy piece of watermelon (on a "good" day)...but on a birthday the only Juicy I'll be blogging about is, Juicy...as in "Couture"!

I have never been a labels kind of gal. Especially in the last 2 years when necessity has been the key to survival, I have chosen "generic", or "left overs", or "Hand Me Downs" over any name brand. And in particular, with regard to accessories I am the lamest of them all! I very RARELY remember to wear jewelry, and since I am a mom on the go, I for-go a purse, and rock a "Jansport" backpack like nobody's business! (How's that for name dropping!?)

My family makes fun of me on a regular basis for sporting the backpack, but I don't care, I can hold my own...and seriously, it's just so practical.

But, with all things in life, the seasons are changing. :0) As Beatrice is growing up, we are done with pretty much all things baby...diapers, wipes, bibs, sippy cups, etc. My need for a large bag that can be worn on my back, is no longer there! For the last month or so, I have put away my Jansport backpack, and have now been using the only purse I own...its a generic, fairly small, little black purse that was handed down to me by a co-worker about 10 years ago. It has been fun and feminine to be carrying a purse again. :0)

But over the weekend, my brother surprised me with $30 worth of lottery ticket scratchers for my birthday, and I ended up winning over $100...it was SO thrilling!!! And in a moment of "Un-Elizabeth", I decided to combine my winnings with some of the birthday cash and gift cards that were given to me, and I not only bought a new purse, but a matching wallet too!!!



I absolutely LOOOOVED the purse yesterday, and while it's really neat to have an item that is considered to be "cool", this morning I feel a little bit like, "I really should have given the money to a homeless person...or, I could have put this money towards stuff for our family...or.......

But, I'm sure eventually I will start believing the inscription in my purse that states that "I am the fairest of them all", and everything will be right in the JUICY world! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment