Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cupcakes, and Cookies, and Ribs, Oh My!

Nothing like a fatty weekend to crush your weight loss spirits! I wish I could just go to a party or gathering and not indulge. I wish I could be one of those skinny people who just puts salad on their plate, and passes at the opportunity to eat a piece of celebratory cake. I am not that person. It was so much easier when I was fasting. I was contracted to God to not eat. Now, I'm only contracted to myself, and believe it or not, I'm not as important as God! ;0)

This weekend I had a Bridal Shower sugar cookie order, and I love to eat me some scraps...



On Saturday, I went to an adorable baby shower. The food was GREAT! I have never eaten at "Chick-Fil-A" before, and at the shower they had some little "Chick-Fil-A" tenders with an incredible sweet tangy sauce on the side! There was also my favorite drink EVER...Strawberry Lemonade! And then...the cupcakes! They were every bit as delicious as they looked! They were so stinkin' cute, and they were soooooo GOOD! It was a homemade strawberry cake (with homemade strawberry jam) with a strawberry whipped frosting, that also had the homemade strawberry jam. Have I mentioned that they were good!?







After the baby shower my dad had us over for dinner to celebrate my cousin being in town from NYC. The food was A-MA-ZING! My dad grilled up some incredible baby back ribs, my stepmom made some great mashed red potatoes, and I brought the most delicious brownies from scratch for dessert! I found a bag of mint chocolate chips, and I threw those in the batter as well. Sooo GOOD...and yet sooo BAD (for me)!



I guess there is always tomorrow (which is today...and today?...so far so good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment