Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, January 31, 2011

I REFUSE TO BE THE FAT SISTER!

My name is Jenni, but many of you already know me as Elizabeth’s #1 (jealous?)…lol

Sticking to the theme of the chubby diary, I will introduce you to the beginning of my weight loss journey. I must let you know that I really hate that I even have to lose weight. The majority of my weight gain came from having 3 kids in the last 4 ½ years. It just doesn’t seem fair! Why can’t I be one of those Mom’s that “snaps back into shape” after having kids? From my first 2 pregnancies I kept on 20lbs, and with my daughter, I’m embarrassed to say I never even lost her birth weight! In my mind (and according to the scale) I have at least 43 lbs to lose from all 3 pregnancies.
While I have tried some diets here and there, exercised here and there, I have not lost a single pound in the last 9 months. I started Marathon training back in November…I have not lost a single pound. UGH! Meanwhile, my 2 older sisters have gotten more focused, and MORE motivated and have been putting in the sweat and hours at the gym and dieting to melt the pounds away and look AMAZING! My whole life I’ve always been the little sister, but for much of my life I have also been the thinnest sister. I came to realize that as my sisters were losing the weight, and looking great, I was do nothing and getting NO WHERE fast! So that’s my motivation…to look better than my sisters (I’m so mean)…LOL! We will all be going on vacation with each other (along with my Mom) in about 4 months. I REFUSE to be the fat one in the picture. I REFUSE to be the fat one in the bathing suit. I want us ALL to look good, and feeeeel good!

So what am I doing to lose the weight? (drum roll please) MEDIFAST! You do need to buy their food though (and enough for 30 days). I eat 5 of their meals a day, and then 1 lean and green. The lean and green consists of chicken/steak/or fish and then 2-3 cups of green vegetables. In the first week I lost…(another drum roll please)…7 lbs.!!! I love not having to choose my own food throughout the day (like on Weight Watchers). I have SO MUCH energy now that I’m not indulging on sugar and carbs. The diet has been pretty easy so far as long as I’m at home. Going to Disneyland was tough, going out to eat is tough, but I stayed strong (barely). I’m excited to see what more weight I lose in the next 3 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Jenni, that is so awesome!!! Congratulations! Is Medifast similar to 'Nutrisystem'? And, is it something that you end up having to do longterm?

    Loved your guest post.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Great blog Jenni!!! All three of you are doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay Jenni..I know what it is to be the little sister and the heavy sister (see your wedding photos) so you do it...you lose that weight, and I love that you are marathon training! Terrific! You will do great I am sure......I love you and am ever so proud!

    ReplyDelete