Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Two Weeks In...

Day 15 of the fast has arrived...I'm over a 1/3 of the way done...27 days remain...but who's counting!?

Not eating during this past weekend was every bit as difficult as I had expected. And specifically, Saturday, the day of my Uncle's Memorial, was the most trying. I don't want to say tempting, as I was never tempted to go off of the fast, but certainly there is a level of, "I wish I could eat...look at all of those amazing flavors that I am missing out on"...pray, pray, pray...

The Memorial was wonderful...despite the not eating part. My family is incredible, and it was wonderful to be amongst the company of them all...at one time...in one location. The first part of the Memorial was a time of reflection. My sister Jenni made a BEAUTIFUL tribute video of my Uncle's life. Then, a few close relatives got up and spoke. It was really neat to hear their stories and perspectives of my Uncle Marc.

Following the Memorial, the immediate family went back to my Uncle's house, where more eating took place, LOL! I could go on and on about how great (and difficult) Saturday was, but I will stop there. :0) Here are a few pictures...

The food...and family, lol....


Beetle & I in our Uncle Marc props...


Beatrice in her new red boots...
Sunday was the day of the evening wedding we attended in Fallbrook. The location was STUNNING, and the company was even better! My family hosts a lot of parties and gatherings, and it was so nice to attend an event that my family was not hosting...no responsibilities! Kids were not invited...NO responsibilities! :0) This wedding was for a dear friend of the family. They are as close to "family" as it gets. They even attended my Uncle's Memorial the day before.

My mom and siblings and I had a great night of talking, dancing, and LAUGHING hysterically. The food looked amazing, and my peeps were kind enough to tell me just how awesome it really was, LOL! Here are a few pictures from the wedding...


Gorgeous wedding...


The food...



My Brother & I...

The four siblings...


Just the girls...


Besties (My sister Jenni & I)....


Being silly...

Desmon (Jenni's Husband) has lost over 30lbs, and on his "off of dieting day" he was enjoying his 2nd piece of cake...
As of this morning I am down 21 lbs since camping. That part of the fast is pretty cool, lol, and I am praying that when I start eating again (even with a low cal diet) that I will not pack on too many of the pounds I am losing. One can pray, right!?!?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding. You are doing great. I love reading your blogs! Keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Girl!! Awesome! Your family should write a book about being a family... I would be the first in line to buy a copy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete