Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Buzz Lightyear of Cupcakes??? LOL!

My Sisters are hilarious. After seeing my latest creations, they have deemed me "The Buzz Lightyear of cupcakes"...To infinity...and BEYOND!

Inside these "lollipops" are actually cake and frosting mixed together. They are technically called "Cake Pops." Or, if you prefer chocolate instead of a candy coating, you would enjoy, "Cake Balls"...

They are delicious! A friend (shout out to Pam!) introduced cake balls to me a couple of months ago. And a couple of weeks ago, my mom, not knowing that I had tried these before, had surprised me with a "Cake Pops" cookbook found at Williams Sonoma which has a TON of super cute ideas you can do with these cake balls. Hence the Halloween themed treats above.

In addition to those tasty confections, I also made a new recipe out of the "Sticky Chewy Messy Gooey" cookbook I received. The recipe is entitled, "Quickberry Quackberry Apple Blackberry Crumble." It looked, it smelled, and it was reported to me to be DELICIOUS!


The family enjoyed these desserts at my mom's annual Halloween party for her grand kids. We had a ton of fun, and other incredible food was served. My mom makes an amazing lasagna with her homemade sauce, and in recent months she has now driven to a specialty Italian store to purchase fresh ricotta cheese. I didn't eat any...but, I am not going to lie...I took a large piece home and it is waiting for me in the freezer. She also served grilled vegetables (asparagus, portobelo mushrooms, sweet peppers, onions, and zucchini), garlic bread, and a cesar salad. At the end of the meal most of my family resembled the pumpkin my dad had carved just hours before...

Every year my mom also prepares a pumpkin soup from scratch that most of us turn our (snobby) noses to. I mean, after all, when such a delicious menu is set before you, who would waste space in their tummy for the pumpkin soup!?!? I of course partaked in the pumpkin soup this year, and I will NEVER pass it up again in the future. It is WON.DER.FUL. I'm grateful for leftovers...especially when my clan will be enjoying their leftovers tonight also!

The halloween party was a blast as usual. We carved pumpkins, we ate dinner, the kids opened presents, everyone played perfectly together, we put the kids to bed, the adults played games, and we each laughed 100 times throughout the evening! Here are a few pictures...




Even if you don't know my family, I think these pictures will make you smile...or maybe it's just me :0)


Small update on the fast...

I ate food today!


But no worries, it was just communion. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment