Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Counting My Blessings...

I have determined that fasting is like an extreme case of PMS...one moment I am on the most wonderful spiritual high...and the next moment I am totally aggravated that my kids are chewing with their mouths open, and my husband is telling me the same story he told me last week.

But in THIS moment, I am counting my blessings... :0)

1. I have such a serene feeling in my heart right now. It is amazing. My children have been angelic this past week, and I have loved spending every day with them. Like wise, my husband has been a gem. I feel unworthy of his love and helpfulness. My cup runneth over in appreciation for those that share this home with me. :0)

2. About a week and a half ago, I went to find an outfit to wear to these past 2 weddings, and I had HORRIBLE fortune in doing so. I was literally crying in the dressing room. Either the stores flat out didn't have the size I needed (FRUSTRATING!), or when I did find my size, the outfits just looked "OK" (WAAA!). I did NOT want to spend over $100 to look "OK". :0( I ended up buying $55 pants, and told myself that I would just have to figure out a shirt from my closet. A girlfriend was watching my kiddos (Shout out to Kimberly!) while I attempted this task, and when I returned to her home defeated, she lent me an ADORABLE shirt to wear! The following day my sister Jenni came over with another super CUTE shirt to wear! God is GOOD! A couple hours after Jenni came to my house, I went to another friend's house (shout-out to Katie!) to pick up some items for my MOPS garage sale, and she had me try on 3 different dresses. They WORKED! I was able to return the $55 pants...MY God is not just "good", He is GREAT!

3. A few weeks ago, I had published a silly letter to my husband on my blog about some workout clothes I was in need of. Our budget allowed me to purchase a nice pair of workout pants (woohoo!), and then I was blessed with the REST of the items from my sister Jenni...SO SWEET! In addition to that, a couple of days later I got a random phone call from someone who doesn't even read my blog. She explained to me how she recently got a new pair of shoes, and after wearing them twice, she has discovered that she doesn't like them. She asked me if I wanted her new tennis shoes...YEAH I DO! MY God is a provider!

4. I have always loved, enjoyed, and appreciated my family, and it seems in these past few weeks our bond has been strengthened, and we have had an exceptionally fun time together. Since this is an uplifting post, I will not go into detail about the Padres (or the Chargers for that matter...GRRR!), but here is photo of me & my brother from when my family went to the padre game about 10 days ago...

5. And finally, I continue to be in AWE of His mercy and His gentleness towards me. I'm in love with my Savior! :0)

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth!! Praise the Lord- I am so encouraged to see your journey through all of this! I am in love with our Savior too, and am amazed on a daily basis just how much He loves us back. His love really does surpass understanding!! Isn't it exciting?? I do know what you mean about fasting feeling like PMS though- I'll continue to pray for you through this special time you've been called to sit at our Lord's feet- that you continue to be blessed, and continue to be a blessing to others- keep blogging- we love it!

    Your sister in Christ,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete