Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Saturday.

So, not that it should come as a shock to ANYONE, but I certainly did not stick to eating bland and boring foods this weekend. I dove right in to eating pretty much all of the things I had seen and dreamed about during the fast.

Beware, you may need to take a swig of Pepto in preparation of reading this post.

Saturday morning, I got up and worked out. I had to get the "boring" part of my day over with, so I could solely focus on eating. (Yes, I'm pathetic!) It felt like Christmas morning 2 months early! I had made Amish friendship bread the night before, and I could not wait to try a piece. Friday night, I joked with my husband that I was going to french-toast some Amish bread for breakfast. And as if that wasn't bad enough, as soon as I laid down to go to sleep, my mind started reeling with all of the things I could do with this breakfast. The Hash House, Sam the Cooking Guy, and Elvis Presley have nothing on me!

I started with the Friendship bread...


I then added a little cream cheese, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (I put Wyatt's Halloween candy to good use!), and some sliced bananas.


I french toasted it up, and this was the result...PURE DELICIOUSNESS!


That was the first thing I put in my mouth after not eating for 40 days.

I kept waiting and waiting for my stomach to freak out, and when it never did, and a few hours had passed, lunch time had arrived...what's a girl to do!? I ate a small piece of the lasagna that I had been coveting in my freezer for weeks. Oh.my.word. Hands-DOWN the BEST lasagna I have ever eaten in my life!!!!!!!

Again, I continued to wait and wait for my stomach to freak out, and again, when it never did, and a few hours had passed, dinner time had arrived...what's a girl to do!? I ate 2 pieces of Digiorno supreme pizza. While it was very good, I had forgotten that I had really been craving Roundtable's new dipping pizzas. So that kind of lessened the pizza-excitement for me.

Those were my 3 main meals for the day. But in the mix, I had sampled a few other pieces of Wyatt's Halloween candy, and I drank a small pumpkin latte during Wyatt's drum class.

Would you believe, according to the scale, I didn't gain a single pound that day!? Insane!

I never did get sick, or even feel nauseous, however, by the end of the night, I did have some border-line-uncomfortable bloating. (T.M.I.?)

2 comments:

  1. seriously this picture makes me want to GAG

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSA!!! Girl, you are straight going after my own heart! xoxo You are just too hilarious. Reading your posts makes me miss you a ton!

    ReplyDelete