Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Friday, November 12, 2010

A little sugar, a pinch of salt, and a dallop of cavier!?

I love my sister Jenni! (Have I said that enough on this blog!?) My sister Jenni has pretty much always been a "have much" kinda gal. Growing up, I would ALWAYS be broke (becuase I would spend my money as soon as I got it...probably on Twinkies & Hershey bars)...and Jenni would ALWAYS have money in her pocket (because she saved it for just the right item she wanted to purchase...lucky for me, that usually involved a Snickers bar for her favorite (chubby) sister!). As time has marched on, somethings don't change. And Jenni being a "have much" has continued it's course. Jenni is fortunate to have 2 sets of parents (my parents, and her in-laws) that have been very generous to her and her family. However, my sister is also one of the hardest workers I know! She has been waitressing for YEARS, and at one point, she even earned "Server of the Year" for the entire State of California!

(Back on point Elizabeth...) So, like I said, my sister has some of the finer things in life...she is well deserving of those finer things in life...and the best part is (to me, LOL!), is that she has always been generous in sharing her finer things!

In addition to having a WONDERFUL (and overwhelming) time with all the kiddos at Jenni's house, I was able to live-it-up Jenni style while I was there. It was great...and my bathing experience was no exception! :0)

They have an amazingly large soaking tub, and my sister has every single kind of bath product and tool you could think of...and I tried them ALL! :0)

After all 10 little eyes were closed, and 10 little hands were lying still in their beds, I took a bath. I started with just a simple HOT bath, and added a little bubbly. Then I took a scoop of bath salts and added that to the mix as well. I then sat and soaked awhile. I wrapped up my texting fest with a girlfriend, and I got down to business. I came across a jar of "bath cavier" and added that to the water...I'm pretty sure it's just a fancy name for bath salts. Then, I indulged and rubbed the sugar scrub all over my arms and legs. Lastly, I discovered the whole "foot care" selection. I rubbed the exfoliating scrub deep into my tired feet, and used this funky brush to intensify the treatment. It was AMAZING!

Disclaimer: I love my life. I have been given much. I have earned much. I am grateful for the things we have acquired and experienced in our home. However, occasionally it's fun to kick things up a notch at a spa, a restaurant, or...my sisters house! :0)

1 comment:

  1. I love baths...the friends episode where Monica draws a bath for Chandler is one of my favorites. "I got a boat, so it's a manly bath"

    ReplyDelete