Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sunday.



So, Sunday was Halloween...a.k.a. my mom's birthday. I always observe the Sabbath...a.k.a. I don't workout on Sundays. LOL! So only celebrating was to be had...a.k.a. eating.

Unfortunately, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast on Sunday...obviously nothing that exciting, and certainly nothing close to comparing with Saturday's breakfast.

We went to church, and then the whole family headed to our traditional lunch at Corvette Diner for my mom's birthday. We love Corvette Diner anyway, but on Halloween, it is the BEST! All of the staff dress up, and most of the customers do as well! For some (normal-person reason) I did not capture any pictures of our eats, but I can report that I had an Almond Mocha shake, a few chili-cheese fries from the community plate, and then I ate 1/2 of one of Wyatt's cheeseburger sliders, and 1/4 of Bea's grilled cheese sandwich. I was stuffed. Here are some pictures from that portion of our day (some how it looks like I dressed up as a naked person, but I assure you that I was fully clothed!)....


Since we were in the area (Point Loma) I suggested that we head on over to "Cupcakes Squared". All I can say is "wow". I read about this cupcake bakery in the "Family" magazine a couple of years ago, and I have been pining to visit ever since! Their variety and presentation was quite impressive! However, I will say, that after having a single bite of 5 different flavors, I think my cupcakes are 100% better...I'm just sayin'! ;0) The other thing I will say, is that not only do they sell regular size cupcakes, but they also sell mini cupcakes. I THINK they sell a mini version of all of their cupcakes. Should you want to venture to Cupcakes Squared, I would highly recommend that you purchase the mini cupcakes only. Most of the cupcakes were SO rich, and the minis give you the perfect amount of cupcake! The cupcake I chose was the Chocolate Macadamia Nut (picture below).


We then headed over to Sea World to partake in their Halloween Festivities. We met some friends (shout out to Katie) and had a really fun time! We tag-teamed all of the trick-or-treat candy stations, we got choked up at the dolphin show (it gets me EVERY TIME!), and we ended our day by having my mom watch the little girls, and Katie & I took our boys on Ship Wreck Rapids...SO.MUCH.FUN!


After Sea World, my clan went home and waited for the ONE group of trick-or-treaters to visit our house. The kids did not eat dinner, and I didn't need to...but when has that ever stopped me!? I had one last item on my food-related-bucket-list before I sold my soul to dieting on Monday...The McRib! I didn't get a soda or french fries, just the sandwich. Much to my sister's disgust, I thought it was soooo good!

And just like Saturday, I did not get sick on Sunday. However, this morning at 3:30 I thought for sure that I was finally going to hurl. I hovered over the toilet for about 15 minutes, and then when I still hadn't thrown up, I realized I was missing precious moments of sleep, and so I went back to bed and I figured I would deal with the "up-chucking" when my body was serious. I never did get sick.

And since I did not throw up, and against the will of my unsettled stomach, I woke up and worked out. I did an hour of circuit training, and then I went for a 3 mile walk/jog. It felt soooo good! Starting today, I have returned to my Weight Watchers diet.

Oh, and for the record, when I weighed myself this morning, I gained 3 pounds. I'm not surprised. LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Cupcakes Squared makes really good vegan cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're wrong about Cupcakes Squared...I love them and their sugar free cupcakes are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, E!! I love your smile in all these pics...and, having tasted your cupcakes, I am sure not many other cupcakes could compare! ;0)

    ReplyDelete