Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Ode to Thanksgivings Past...

It's always a bummer to post on my blog when I don't have a week of weight loss...but instead, a weight gain. But none-the-less, considering I had more imperfect days, than perfect days of eating this week, I feel pretty darn fortunate with the results. I am up (waaa!) 1.5 pounds, and as far my measurements go, I stayed exactly the same as last week, except for my waist...I grew 1 inch there (JERK!). ;0) I had an exciting week of fitness though. Early in the week I went for a 3 mile jog outside...I had a bit of anxiety becuase our neighborhood is nothing like the flat treadmill (yes, I know, I CAN add an incline to the treadmill...but i don't.)...we have hills, lots of them, and they are STEEP! Not only did I manage the 3 mile run without stopping even once, but I completed it in the same exact time that I do on the treadmill...35 minutes. And not that it's a MAJOR deal, but Saturday's run kicked things up a notch. We had to do a 3.5 mile run. I know it's only an increase of a half mile, but for me, that was the longest I have ever run...definitely an accomplishment in my book! :0)

This is a week packed full of baking and cooking...but hopefully I did most of my eating last week! I have 2 cupcake orders this week, 1 sugar cookie order, and per tradition, I am hosting my 8th Thanksgiving. Here are some of my favorite photos from "Brumbaugh" Thanksgivings past...

Pulling my first "bird" out of the oven back in 2002 (This was the start to a WONDERFUL tradition! I learned that a baby gate was an ESSENTIAL tool to keep the ADULTS out of the kitchen!)...


My sister Anna's FULL plate in 2004 (This Thanksgiving I was 2 weeks away from giving birth to Wyatt. My first, and only nephew at the time, shout-out to Trevor, was a lot more sick than anyone realized. More than half of us (including a VERY pregnant me) were extremely ill for about the next 72 hours after Thanksgiving)...




We went from 1 boy in 2004 to 4 boys in 2005...





And apparently I didn't eat at all in the next 12 months, becuase I went from looking like THAT, to looking like THIS is at Thanksgiving 2006...



I was pregnant with Beatrice, and many inside jokes were had in 2007...you can see it all over our faces (at least that's what I remember when I see this picture)...





We finally had a little girl at our Thanksgiving table in 2008 (this is the year we all brought our "wedding" toasting glasses and used those for our cocktails)...







In 2009 my dad and step-mom moved back home to San Diego just in time for Thanksgiving (this was the year my brother in-law (shout out to David!) was in charge of the desserts)...





I'm looking forward to the memories that will be made at Thanksgiving 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment