Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Friday, November 12, 2010

What a difference 3 days makes!

So, I came off of a great week of eating healthy and consistent exercise. But, while I was at my sisters house, watching all of our children...I didn't get in a single day of organized exercise or marathon training. In addition to that, I ate...and not healthy things. I asked my sister to rid her house of tempting foods for me. She was kind enough to hide all of the Halloween candy...which I found. She explained the ice cream being left in the freezer, as..."That's tempting!? That doesn't sound good to me!" HAHAHA! But my sister did have healthy options too. She purchased all of the food I had requested for myself. And that would have been great...if I would have eaten THOSE things! Instead I ate what I made for the kids...bow-tie pasta and garlic bread, peanut butter and jam sandwiches (my sister has FAR surpassed me in the jam-making business!), and homemade silver-dollar cinnamon banana pancakes (with whip cream on top...of course). This was also my first week back at MOPS since being off of the fast. Those ladies make some DELICIOUS breakfast casseroles and pastries! For the sake of my diet alone, I am excited to report that due to the holidays, we only have 1 MOPS meeting in these next 8 weeks!

So, I hadn't worked out since Monday morning, I skipped one of my days of marathon training, AND I ate poorly. After Jenni & Desmon got home from their 3 day Anniversary rendezvous, the kids & I booked it straight to the gym. I couldn't skip another day of marathon training! I had to run 3 miles.

I soon realized I am my own Sabatuer!

Every bad decision I had made in the previous 3 days was haunting me on the treadmill. I was exhausted. I wanted to quit half way through. I thought I was going to throw-up. I REALLY wanted to quit after the 2nd mile. But I pushed on. I was head-tripping about my kids being down in the childcare (like I do every time). I was certain that I was going to hurl. I was done. I quit running at 2.5 miles. I walked the last half mile.

I was disappointed. I was so hard on myself. Despite all of my stupid food decisions over the last 3 days, I thought I could push through it. I thought, "I can do anything I put my mind too!" My mind was weak. And worse than that, was the looming task of weighing myself this morning. That couldn't be good. The kids & I went home, and found comfort in "Daddy!" I'm so grateful to have a loving, gentle husband.

I was in bed before 8 p.m., and it was just what I needed. Rest. As much as I love spending time at my sister's house, "There is no place like home."

After a great night of sleep, I took on the scale. I can do this. Whatever the gain is, I will just work at taking it off. 3 pounds? 5 pounds?

WHAT!? I LOST 2.5 POUNDS!?

What grace! I was undeserving.

This morning after breakfast and a couple of chores, we hit up the Y in Santee. This was the first time I had been back there since I took Wyatt to "mommy & me gymnastics" when he was 18 months old...GOOD TIMES! I was only supposed to walk 30 minutes today, according to my marathon training, but when my girlfriend asked me to run around the track instead, I couldn't say no. So we ran 1.5 miles outside, and then went in for a BRUTAL hour and 15 minutes of "Pump It!". I'm certain that it will even be difficult to sit on the toilet tomorrow. I can feel my butt clinching even when I stand normally. But somehow, being home, and having a great weigh-in this morning, makes all of that sound just about great! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment