Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lord, hear our prayer.

Well, I had been going back and forth in my mind all week as to whether I should share the following or not...but I have decided to. (No, I'm not pregnant. lol.)

My church, and MANY churches across our nation are entering into a 40 day fast tomorrow...which will end on October 30th. The purpose of this fast is to pray for our Nation...in hopes that our foundational morals would return, and God would do a work in our homeland. Specifically, that life would be restored in the form of making abortion illegal. That marriage would be restored to allowing only one woman and one man join in a legal union with each other. And that our Religious freedoms would be restored to where our Forefathers declared and intended them to be.

If you are interested, you can read more about this Fast & Prayer on the following sites:

http://www.prayandact.org/

http://manhattandeclaration.org/the-declaration/read.aspx

My reasoning for not sharing this, is that I didn't want this fast to be about me.

However, I have been very active in my blogging lately, and since I am still deciding on what I am going to do with my blog during this time, I didn't want my possible absence to be misconstrued as I was "falling off of the wagon." I can't decide if I will take a "leave of absence", or find a humble way to share this spiritual journey on my blog. Hmmm...???

I will ask for your prayers though. I have never done a fast from food. I have always been pregnant or nursing when the rare call to fast has arisen, and I have elected to fast from the TV or soda, or something like that. But this time, I am out of excuses. :0)

Lets do this! Lets Rock! (Can I pull off, "Lets Rock"!? Hmmm.)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you!!

    BTW...I am now fully caught up on the chronicles of your life and blog...I missed a lot!!

    ReplyDelete