Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Cookie Monster...Monster Cookies

Oh my word. So I went to Target late this afternoon to do our regular grocery shopping (which I have discovered that I forgot to put that activity on the schedule all week...there's some editing that needs to be done)...and in normal "Elizabeth life" I typically would end my trip to Target by visiting "Food Avenue" (did you know that that is the food court's actual name?) and purchase a "Monster Cookie"...or 2. Seriously, they are the best cookies ever. The base is some sort of peanut butter oatmeal cookie combo. But in addition to that, the soft chewy cookie is LOADED with chunks of chocolate, peanuts, and plain M&M's...DE-LISH! As I was paying for my groceries, I was contemplating my cookie ritual. Initially I told myself, "No." But then I thought to myself, "Hmmm. How many points can this cookie really be...3...maybe??" So Beatrice and I venture over to Food Avenue. I ordered her her standard bag of popcorn, and since there was not a line forming behind me, I was brave enough to ask what the nutrition facts are on the Monster Cookie. The kind gentleman handed me a brochure that was packed full of all of the nutritional information on all of their products. Would you believe the Monster Cookie contains 480 calories!?!? That is 10 whole points!!! I couldn't believe the calorie counts on most of the items they sell there! No Monster Cookie for me...well, for however long I can stay on this diet. :0)

I shook things up a bit this morning. I was supposed to do my 2 hour workout, but earlier in the week, a girlfriend (shout out to Deana!) asked me if I would like to walk at the lake with her. We used to walk Lake Murray ALL.THE.TIME. But we haven't been in moooonths! I couldn't resist. We had a great walk, and despite Beatrice's constant crying, we managed to have a good time socializing as well.



Today's Schedule...

Friday- No Work

• 6:30- Wake-up
• 7:00- Breakfast & Bible
• 7:45- Prep for workout
• 8:00- Circuit Exercise
• 9:00- Neighborhood Walk/Jog
• 10:30- Fix Lunch
• 11:30- Nap time- work for mom and/or Trisha?, eat lunch, work on MOPS stuff?
• 2:00- Kids Snack
• 2:15- School time
• 4:00- Play with Wyatt & Practice Piano
• 4:30- Play with Bea
• 5:00- Prep dinner
• 5:30- Eat dinner
• 6:00- Clean up house
• 6:30- Bath time
• 7:15- Bible & Bed time
• 8:00- Time with my hunny :0)

Today's Menu...

Breakfast- Cornflakes- 4pts

Lunch- Chicken Salad Sandwich- 8pts

Dinner- Finished off the Lean Pockets that were given to us (Shout out to Carrie!) 5pts

Dessert- Fruit Smoothie- 4 pts

I only consumed 21 points today which is 5 below the minimum I am supposed to have...but when I wanted a snack, my cupboards and fridge were still bare, and by the time I got home from Target, it was dinner time. As it turns out, I could have had a Monster Cookie today, and still managed to stay in my points range. But I'm glad I didn't. It's a slippery slope. ;0)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe next time get the monster cookie cut it in half and stick half in the freezer or something.... then you really would have stayed in your range and learned how to have the monster cookie the safe way.... Isn't that part of the point with dieting... learning how to have our favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally agree that that is the theory. I sincerely pray that one day I will have the self control to be able to eat the foods I love in moderation. But considering my experience this week with the "muffins", LOL, I'm not going to trust myself with a Monster Cookie...yet. :0) My history tells me that whenever I indulge in something like that, I am regretful, and feel guilty. I then begin to tell myself, "Well, since you already blew it with the cookie, you might as well go off the diet for the whole day"...which turns into a few days or more. Yep, I'm Coo-Koo! :0)

    ReplyDelete