Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Camping...Chubby Style.


Well, I'm back from camping, and all I can say is, "That was a LOT of work!"

I'm not sure if I romanticized last year's trip, or if the dynamics were different this year, but regardless, I would not consider this last week to be relaxing in the least! I did have a good time, but I am not sure if I'm gonna want to do this again next year without the help of my husband.

In keeping with the theme of the blog I will report that I was physically active everyday...In addition to literally chasing after my children around the clock, I set up my campsite pretty much all by myself (which trust me, IS a workout!) on Monday, I went for an hour power walk with the kids on Tuesday morning, I had some intense time in the water boogie-boarding and open water ocean swimming on Thursday, and then on Friday morning I packed up our campsite 100% by myself. My lower back and my abs are still sore tonight.

HOWEVER, again, keeping with the unfortunate trend of this blog, I still managed to gain weight on this trip...and close to 5 pounds! A lot of eating was had. A friend (shout out to Janet!) brought those caramel swirl marshmallows I mentioned in a previous blog post, we enjoyed the best pizza in California (shout out to Stuft Pizza in Dana Point) one night, my girlfriend (shout-out to Deana!) made the most A-MA-ZING cheese burgers I have EVER eaten in my life on one night, we had smores, we had a Denny's breakfast one morning, we had smores, I had peanut butter and honey sandwiches almost everyday for lunch, we had smores, we had cupcakes, we had the most delicious chocolate cake from scratch (shout out to Janet's MIL) that I have ever tried...twice, and did I mention we ate smores!?!? Oh my word...apparently when I wasn't chasing after my kids, I was eating!

I feel totally "BLECH!" and I can't imagine that has ANYTHING to do with also being completely exhausted! ;0)

I decided not to wait until my usual Monday morning diet fest. For this 5 minutes, I am totally "over" looking, feeling, and eating like crap. I started the 3 day fruit flush detox this morning, and after that is complete, on Tuesday morning I will go back to my Weight Watchers version of dieting. This is how I lost a bunch of weight on 2 previous occasions, and I am praying that I will be successful this time around as well.

Just to clarify, I am not paying for the weight watchers program...I am too cheap...I have some WW materials/booklets from like 10 years ago, and I just follow the low fat/low-cal diet that way.

4 months and 4 days until my 30th birthday party...YIPES!

Here are some of my CHUBBY pictures from this past week at Doheny State Beach in Dana Point...enjoy! :0)











3 comments:

  1. I have more recent WW stuff and even the points calculator if you would like to borrow any of it let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the BEST hamburger...er...hamburgerS I have ever had!!!!!!!!! wasn't there a pic of us "sharing" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet- OK cool, I'll let you know. THANKS!

    Nicole- YES! I totally forgot about that picture! I wonder who took it??? It wasn't on my camera :0( That would have been GREAT "Chubby Diaries" material! :0)

    ReplyDelete