Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

In LOVING Memory

My Uncle, and more importantly, my Godfather, Marc Beverly, passed away yesterday afternoon.



He was an amazing Godfather, and my siblings often told me how envious they were that I got him for a Godparent. He always made me feel so special. He would bring me (and only me) gifts to family gatherings. When I was I was younger, he would always find me at our (large) family parties, and come sit next to me, and ask me how I was doing. We have a LOT of funny people in our family, and he just might be the FUNNIEST! He tells a hilarious story about a dog needing to wear a hardhat on his construction site, and he had a deep love and appreciation for "Fog Horn & Leg Horn" cartoons. When Jenni & I were in elementary school, my mom was struggling financially, and she sent us off to the desert for the summer to be with my Uncle Marc and my cousins on a moments notice. I was scared. I was extremely in-tune with my mom, and I wasn't going to be with her during what I felt was going to be a hard season. However, my Uncle Marc and my cousin Ramona (cousin Luke was a teenager, and too busy to hang with his younger girl cousins, lol) couldn't have been more welcoming. I would experience many more occasions in the future, but this was my first opportunity to witness the joy of being in a tight-knit family. They rallied behind us, and cared for Jenni & I during this time. I will be forever grateful for that summer.

My grandparents passed away right around the time I was born, and as the oldest sibling (and brother) in an Italian family, he became the head of the family. He believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, and read the Bible. In his final weeks he asked us to be praying for him, and he often requested my Godmother, Aunt Carrie, his ex-wife, to read the Bible to him...his favorite passage was Psalm 23.



Uncle Marc,

The family won't be the same without you. I will miss you terribly. I look forward to reuniting with you in heaven. I thank you for always supporting me. I thank you for always being a listening ear. I thank you for your encouragement and support last year when Rick was having a hard time. I thank you for co-signing on my first car when my own parents wouldn't. I thank you for making me feel so special during those awkward adolescent years. But most of all, thank you for being an example to all of us on how to continue to operate as a loving caring family.

I Love You,
Your Goddaughter


(Pictured on the far right)



(Pictured with my cousin Kelene)



(Pictured with my mom, middle, and Auntie Veronica, left)



(This is him earlier this week, with all of the siblings...he is supposedly "awake" in this picture)

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you feel comfort during this time. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet letter to him. I'm so sorry and continue to pray for you...

    ReplyDelete