Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Tis the Season! (Part 2)

In a season that is already PACKED with many activities, and MANY traditions, I think I have just added two more!

This year, on the day after Thanksgiving, the Besties (Shout-out to me & Jenni!) took a "no-little-girls-allowed" trip to the movies. We packed up our boys, and met each other for the evening showing of "Tangled". The movie was SO much fun...despite having to sit in the 3rd row becuase the theater was PACKED! In years passed, I have never been able to go out in the hustle and bustle of "Black Friday", but this short adventure was very exciting. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it! It has your typical Disney-Mean-Mommy, but after you get over that, the flick is filled with great theatrical music!



This year I had looked in to attending 2 famous seasonal activities that are staples in San Diego County. One was the Mother Goose Parade that takes place every year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I won't spend too much time blogging about that event...we didn't go. (Actively raining + plus 1 sick kid + plus being in the E.R. the night before with another kid = No Mother Goose Parade).

The second activity was the Tree Lighting presentation Downtown at Horton Square. THIS we went to! This was a TON of fun...despite me making a few rookie mistakes. The scene was filled with the holiday spirit.



The kids and I were the first spectators there, and we had the pick of where we wanted to be "spectating" for the night. Silly me, I picked the best spot where you could view the tree and get a perfect view of all of the guests that would be on TV during this special broadcast. Unfortunately, we were staring at the FRONT of these guests, which meant we were in BACK of the camera! How did I forget about the priority of getting my all important air time!? I will never make THAT mistake again! I now know the PERFECT place to hang for this event! :0) Minus no face time on the news, I had purchased the delicious Polar Bear sugar cookie I had been eying at Starbucks the last couple of weeks, and the kids and I thoroughly enjoyed that treat during the festivities! I thought it was an iced cookie, but it turns out to be covered in chocolate or some kind of a candy coating...YUUUUUUM!



We got to see Mickey & Minnie in their holiday flare, we listened to carolers from Disneyland (they were all there to promote that Disneyland is the perfect place to spend your holiday season...I can't disagree), there was an actor from a new TV show that will be airing on NBC, a few of the NYC "Rockettes" were in attendance, and of course...the ever famous news anchors...



This is an event I wished I hadn't left my (real) camera in the car for.



The BEST part of this event is that it is SHORT! You can be one of the first people there at 7pm, and the show is over at 7:55pm...as NYC's Tree Lighting festivities air at 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment