Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Short and Sweet

So, as I mentioned in my previous post, "Tis the Season (Part 5...the Finale)", I was good on my diet, and I busted my booty in the gym all week as well. All of that went to the way-side though starting with Christmas Eve dinner. After 5 days of weight loss, I end up with a 4 pound weight gain for the week. Hopefully though, if history repeats itself, since the weight came on very quickly, it will also come off very quickly. I have 19-ish days left until my 30th birthday party, and I am kicking things into high-gear. I plan to workout in the morning and afternoon now. Sounds desperate???...yep, pretty much, LOL! Last week was a fairly light running week. The longest run was only 3 miles...but I think we did that 2 or 3 times.

In addition, I did my standard "Zumba" and "Pump It!" classes...I wonder when I will no longer suck at those!? I have people tell me on a regular basis that they wish they liked to exercise as much as I do. Just to clarify...I NEVER like the idea of exercising, and most of the time, I don't like the literal act of exercising itself. There is ALWAYS a mind game. I ALWAYS have to psych myself up to just do it. And I ALWAYS stare at the clock counting the minutes until the fitness class is over or until the run is done. HOWEVER, I will say though, that the very minute the class/run is over, I am SOOOO glad I did it...I feel physically great, and mentally sound as well. Considering that there was a 100% chance that I was fighting between not exercising and actually exercising, I always feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment after the work is done!

So, this week, I plan to do a fitness class and my run in the morning at the gym, and then walk daily with my mom and the kiddos to the top of Mt. Helix from her house...it's an intense 45 minute walk.

We are in the 8th week of training for the marathon. Over the last 7+ weeks I have run a total of 71.5 miles...pretty neat. :0) However, a 5 mile run is looming on Saturday. :0/

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, E! I read your blog and Katie's and think...be inspired!!...but the mind games you speak of keep getting the best of me. ARGH!! But, again, sooo proud of YOU!

    ReplyDelete