Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, December 6, 2010

BIG bear...LITTLE sleep

Yesterday afternoon we returned from an action packed trip to Big Bear for 4 days. This wasn't your "quaint little quiet secluded mountain getaway." This was a "my mom isn't throwing her GIANT holiday party at her house this year, instead we are moving the party to Big Bear...hope all 50+ of you can make it"...and WHO WASN'T GOING TO MAKE IT!?!?! Everyone in the family was there!...well, mostly everyone. We had 50+ adults and children split up between 3 cabins, and it was amazing!

We had incredible family-style food prepared for every meal...



I built my first (chubby) snowman (complete with Yoda sugar cookie eyes, a Hot Tamale mouth, Brownie bite buttons, and a banana nose...not too shabby if I do say so myself)...



The sledding right outside of our cabin was a ton of fun...





The late night (and into the early morning) game fests were the best! We played Taboo, Pictionary (how would YOU draw "Moby Dick"!?), cards, Sorry, puzzles, yada...yada...yada...and my very favorite...in anticipation of my 30th birthday party, someone (shout-out to Danielle!) brought The 80's version of the game "Scene it"...



We had a meatball making contest...there were 4 contestants...My dad won!...



Many laughs, many imitations, a few pranks...



Some of us did a LOT of shopping in the village (shout-out to the girls!), some of us did a LOT of fishing (shout-out to the guys!)...



Santa found us in Big Bear...





We did much much more, and I am so grateful for these new memories that the kids and I will have forever! We have the very best, very loving, very funny, very generous family there is! The only thing missing was my hunny, who was working away at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment