Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pirates, Pancakes, and Pie...Oh My!

Our week started off fairly uneventful. In fact, I didn't even bust out the camera until late Tuesday afternoon, when we started making some homemade "fishy crackers." Except, I didn't bother making a mini-fish-shaped cutter (yes, there were instructions for that), but I chose to use my little fondant cutters...stars and flowers were good enough for us! We first cut out the shapes from our dough...
Then we patiently watched them bake in the oven...
And just like that, we had ourselves some cheese crackers!
Except, it wasn't "just like that!"...this was a very loooooong baking experience. It took us hours to cut out all 818 mini crackers. :0(

IF (and that is a big "IF"), we make these again, I hope the kids don't mind little square "fishy crackers", because I plan to cut the next batch out using just a pizza cutter! Wam...BAM...thank you MA'AM!

On Wednesday at MOPS, I had such a fun time with my ladies at our annual "Tea and Testimony" meeting...
Later that night, it was "Crazy Hat Night" at Awanas! Wyatt piled some Mickey Mouse ears, on top of a Santa's hat, on top of a cowboy hat!
And when it rained this week, the kids chanted for "Hot Chocolate!"...I'm cool with that! :0)
Friday was a rough day. Within an hour of waking up, I discovered that Beatrice had urinated in her toy box at some point during the night!
Motherhood: It's a dirty job, but's somebody's gotta do it! ;0)
And on that same morning, Wyatt asked me what my "goal weight" was...to which I gave an honest answer. His reply: That's still pretty high, but much better than the 700 pounds you used to weigh!

Thanks son.

Saturday started off MUCH more promising! Afterall, it's "Pancakes for Breakfast Saturday!". This week, I just added fresh strawberries to the batter...
They were SOOOO good! And spending hours at the gym watching Food Network gets you a fun strawberry garnish on your plate! :0)
But then things went a bit South. :0( We had been planning for WEEKS (!!!) to go to Boomers (formerly, "Family Fun Center") as a family on Saturday....but when we arrived, a company had bought out the park for the day, and they were closed to the general public. WAAAAAAAA! We were so bummed! So the "Groupon" I bought for the family 4 pack at Boomers didn't really net us a savings at all!...because "Plan B" took us to the mall for a showing of "The Pirates"...
...and browsing (NOT buying) at The Disney Store...
Our next available Saturday isn't until the end of June...Boomers better be open on that day!!! :0)

If you don't count the tantruming, that sassy mouth, and all the protesting (for multiple hours) from our almost-4-year-old, you might say that Sunday was the BEST day of our week! Beatrice looked especially beautiful in the morning...
Wyatt and I are the new Sunday School teachers in the 1-year-old class at church (1st service)...
And when you get to end the night/week with "Family Dinner"...
...just bein' boys...
...eatin' Grandpa's homemade strawberry pie...
...Who can remember what all the fighting was about!?!? (...I CAN!...but it's a WAY muted version!)

Family: Can't live without 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment