Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Weeks 14 & 15)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

Sorry I didn't write to you last week. I had made plans to go to my sister's house in L.A. last Tuesday, and so I wasn't able to go to my WW meeting. I had planned to go to the WW building just to weigh-in that morning, even though I didn't plan to stay for the actual meeting, but my menstrual cycle had started a few days before hand, and I was up a couple of pounds on my scale, and so I didn't need to delay my traveling plans just so I could have my WW leader tell me that I was "up" for the week, lol.

But this morning, I did return to WW, and after 2 weeks of being very up, and then being quite a bit down, and after days of eating LOTS of Easter-y foods, and days of being totally good on my diet, I ended the roller coaster 2 weeks with a loss of .6...I'm cool with that. That brings my total weight loss to 29.6 pounds for the last 15 weeks...very close to my goal of 2 pounds lost per week. :0)

How was your Easter?

Mine was fantastic! I had started that no-sugar challenge with my girlfriend in an effort to avoid Easter candy and such, but we both fell off of that wagon multiple times in the last week. Over the weekend, I maintained my fitness routine, but I threw all caution to the wind when it came to my diet. We enjoyed such things as...

















And on top of all of that, I was back in the kitchen baking this week :-0 ...



Aaaaand, I enjoyed my first alcoholic beverage of 2012...



So that's why I'm satisfied with still recording even a minimal loss at this week's weigh-in! ;0)

In other news, my stepmom had recently purchased the exercise equipment (infomercials) for "P90X", and for "Insanity: The Asylum." I have never seen either of those infomercials, but I have heard from friends about how crazy-intense those workouts are! My stepmom was kind enough to share her goods, and she is letting me use the Insanity series. I am not stopping my cardio at night at the gym, so this home-based fitness will be done during the kids' quiet time in the middle of the day.

Yesterday was my first day doing the Insanity workout, and OH.MY.WORD...it was literally INSANE! The 20 minute "fitness assessment" had me dyyyyyying, and then I still had a 45 minute "real" workout to do! :-0 I had to stop and pray before I started the longer workout, and then during the workout, I genuinely wanted to cry multiple times!...but I couldn't muster the energy! By the end of it, I was SO proud of myself for sticking with it, and completing it! Between that and my 7 mile run last night at the gym, I am SO sore today! But really, I think the soreness is 100% from the Insanity workout...my body is totally conditioned to the run. Yesterday's workout focused so much on my upper body, that even the act of breathing reminds me that my chest is sore.

The workout has a 30-day plan, and they tell you which of their workouts to do on which days. I'm definitely going to go for the 30 day challenge. I was praying that today's workout would focus on different muscle groups than yesterday's workout, and fortunately, that prayer was answered. Today's workout was still totally brutal, but it was nowhere near as crazy as yesterday.

Any-who, that's about it for me. :0)

It sure is fun to be slimming down...and it sure was fun being told how beautiful I looked over the holiday weekend. :0)



Just Sayin'.

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

1 comment: