Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

First week of "Summer"

Our first week of Summer Break was wonderful! We had a little "R & R" on some days, and on other days we experienced very "summery" adventures....like...

...Frozen yogurt!...at Yogurt Mill!...



...and we spent a day at the beach!...







...climbing on rocks...







...having mud fights...





I love Wyatt's expression!...



...and Bea's too!...



There were sand angels to be made...





...castles to be built...



...and tackle football to be played...



It was such a fun afternoon with friends! :0)



This week, we went to the park with our MOPS friends, and on another day we had our own private picnic at our community park...



We were busy in the kitchen too. In my healthy-food-awakening-of-2012 I am constantly trying to find new, healthy un-processed snacks for the kids (raw fruits and veggies have been great...but we like to mix things up from time to time)...and a friend passed me the recipe for "Honey Milk Balls". There are only 4 ingredients...Peanut butter, Oatmeal, Honey, and Milk Powder. We had fun mixing...





...and rolling!...







And that's all of the work involved! I'm not a super-duper fan of honey, but these balls are strangely addictive! They taste like a peanut butter and honey sandwhich (which I love!) wrapped up in an oatmeal cookie dough! And becuase we buy peanut butter that doesn't have sugar in it, the only sweetness in the ball is from the honey. Not too shabby. :0) The kids loved them!...in fact, Beatrice couldn't keep her mouth off of them! I had to do some quality-control during the rolling process, and well, the mini-pile of balls in the corner were the ones that Bea had previously licked!



But that wasn't the only thing coming out of our kitchen this week. We had an oatmeal chef visit during breakfast hours every day...



...and banana walnut pancakes!...





And after giving away and/or selling off half of my homemade laundry detergent that I made 4 months ago, it was time to replenish our stock!





10 gallons of laundry detergent that only cost me 97 cents equals perfection! :0)

This weekend, I got to play "Bunco" with friends on Saturday night, which meant the littles got to have a sleepover at Grandpa and Grandma Piton's house! Based on all of the pictures my stepmom posted on Facebook, it looks like the kids had a BLAST, and were spoiled rotten...with LOVE!











And that's not even pictures of them at the park...or painting their bird houses! That was a BUSY 24 hours!!!

Our week ended with me picking up the kids from my Dad's house, where we gathered for our weekly "Family Dinner." But this wasn't just any "family dinner night"...oh no, Wyatt and "The Great Grand-pahski" performed a magic trick that they had been working on during the sleepover!





After the magic show, and some dinner, and too much laughing, we were all pooped!...well, not exactly pooped...but there was some "pull-my-finger" involved!...



You know you had a GOOD week when your drive home consists of...



I wonder what our 2nd week of Summer Break will consist of!?

3 comments:

  1. I love your week! The way your family loves on the kids and each other is very special :) I may have to start summer break soon I wanna go to the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual...great blog! Were the pancakes made from bisquick, or are they a whole wheat pancake? They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni beat me to it, what do you make your pancakes from?

    I can't wait to be a grandparent!!!!

    ReplyDelete