Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Week 18)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

So, what's that saying???..."What goes up, must come down"...luckily the laws of gravity also applied to my weight loss endeavor this week. After the 7 pound weight GAIN last week, I rebounded, and lost 9.8 pounds this week...I'm down 35.8 pounds since January 1st! It feels great to be back on track. Not just encouragement wise...but physically, my body and my head-game feel amazing. They are working as 1 again, instead of battling eachother. :0)

I made 2 new recipes out of the new WW cookbook sold at my WW meetings, "Best Darn Food Ever!"...if you haven't seen it, these are healthy spins on comfort food.

First, I made "Lemon-and-Herb-Stuffed Pork Chops," and "Cabbage Slaw with Lemony Buttermilk Dressing." They were both SO delicious, but the coleslaw was definitely my fave! You were able to consume SO much of it for only 2 points!


And then later in the week, I made "Blue Plate Meat Loaf with Mushroom Gravy," with mashed red potatoes, and (canned...my hubby's fave) green beans...


Another fun thing this week...my sister joined the YMCA! Now we get to workout together! :0) We kind of have opposite schedules, so instead of working out every day together, we are going to just do 2 days together. But I love it!...just racking up my sister-time! I took a picture of us post-workout after Day 1...


My sister labeled this picture, "Sweaty and Sexy"...I'm guessing that I'm "Sweaty," lol!

And speaking of my sister, she said that she thinks you would like an update on my New Years Resolutions. So let me see if I can make that happen for her...ahem, you...

1. Obtain my goal weight this year by doing the WW program: I'm working on it. :0)

2. I will purchase 95% of my produce from a farmers market or my local produce stand: I have done this 100%...but I will admit, that I almost never make the time to go to a Farmers market anymore. I almost always just go to my local produce stand. I buy approx. 75% organic produce, but sometimes, there is just a REALLY amazing deal at my produce stand (pineapples for 99 cents, 3lbs of bananas for 99 cents, a HUGE carton of strawberries for less than $2, etc.) and I don't care if it's organic or not...this mama still has a budget to keep to, and this family is consuming massive amounts of produce like we never have in the past!

3. I will purchase all organic dairy products, and organic or all-natural meat products: I am doing this 100%. I am still cringing when I put the organic gallon of milk ($6 each...and we go through 2) in the cart...but I DO it. I make a half gallon of yogurt every single week from organic whole milk...we make a lot of smoothies through the week too. As far as the meat goes, I almost never buy organic meat...occassionaly I do, but again not usually. Instead, most of the meat we eat is beef. And at the beginning of the year I joined a 3-month "Grass Fed Beef" CSA (which is like a co-op). I was able to stretch that beef out for 4 months, instead of just the 3 months. It is the end of April, and so I just paid for another 3 months of grass fed beef. Our grocery budget is $125/week...and we are still able to buy mostly all organic or natural foods. I buy our produce mostly from our produce stand, our household goods from Target or Costco, and everything else (dairy, non-beef-meat, cheese, cereal, my reduced-fat cheese puffs, a frozen pizza for Wednesdsay-pizza-night, etc.) from Trader joes.

4. No fast food in 2012. I will ask family and friends to not feed my children fast food as well: This has gone off without a hitch. Praise the Lord, it has continued to not even be a struggle for me at all! Fast food has just not been a part of our life this year. Once a month, our MOPS group does a playdate at McDonalds, because it's an easy location for lunch/play after our meeting, but I have been diligent to pack our lunches...just like any other playdate...for those days. The kids don't complain, or act sad about their lunches (compared to their friends' happy meals) at all. In the beginning of the year, when the grandparents had their first opportunity to watch the kids during a meal time, each grandparent did seem a little bit bummed/shocked about not being able to get the kids a happy meal, but when I gave the alternative of Subway, everyone seemed fine. Again, no fast food in ALL ways has been nothing but a positive change. My sister wanted to know about "grey areas"...Subway is cool, Starbucks is cool, and pizza places are cool. Just for diet and money purposes, we have hardly experienced any of those though. I think I have had 2 "skinny" drinks from Starbucks all year, and I think we have gotten 2 Little Cesars pizzas all year.

5. I will exercise 5 days a week: I have done this 100%...the RARE week, I exercise 4 days, but on MOST weeks, I exercise 6 days a week.

I don't need to go into my emotional and spiritual resolutions in my letter to you, but...for my sister...I have been doing those 96%. ;0)

So that's about it! I hope YOU had a great week too! :0)

Your biggest fan,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment