Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (week 13)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

The tone in this letter is the complete opposite of last week's letter! Last week I had gained .8 pounds at my WW meeting, and I was super disappointed in my weight loss progress.

While it was true that I had gained .8 pounds last week (for NO reason!), I WAS mistaken about 1 thing...I had told you that my total weight loss since the beginning of the year was exactly 20 pounds. But I was wrong. As of last week, my total weight loss was 22 pounds. I know that it's not a massive discrepancy, but shoot, 2 pounds is 2 pounds, and that 2 pounds brought me a LOT closer to my long-term weekly goal of wanting to lose 2 pounds per week.

But enough about that. Those numbers aren't the numbers I am REALLY excited about!

What I am SOOOO stinkin' stoked to tell you, is that this morning at my WW meeting, I rocked the scale! I was down 6.8 pounds this week! :-0

That 6.8 not only brought my total up to 28.8 pounds lost since the beginning of this year, but it also meant that I achieved (and exceeded) my weekly weight loss goal of 2 pounds lost/week....13 weeks X 2 pounds = 26 pounds...wooohoooo! AAAAAND, one of the bonuses of attending a WW meeting...I received my 25 pound medal! :0)



Such an exciting day!

And if that wasn't enough, I have even COOLER news report! At the beginning of this year, I took my starting measurements, AND I took some "before" pictures. I see myself everyday (duh), and so my appearance doesn't seem to change that much to me...BUT, after looking at myself 3 months ago, compared to now, I am ECSTATIC about the results so far!

Here is the before and after of my front view...





And more shocking...here is the before and after of my side profile...





I'm sure you are curious what that red ribbon is???? I truly do not watch daytime television, however, the one time in 4 years that I WAS flipping through the channels during the day, I came across a Dr. Oz episode, where he said that the healthy size for a woman, is 32 inches around the smallest part of her waist. He recommended that the best way to monitor those inches, was to cut a piece of ribbon 32 inches in length, and see how it fits around your waist. So that is what I did. :0)

As far as my measurements go, in the last 3 months, I have lost:

Chest: 3 inches

Waist: 4.5 inches

Hips: 3 inches

Thigh: 1 inch

Arm: 2 inches

I obviously still have quite a bit to go on my WW journey, BUT these findings were oh so encouraging and motivating to me! I can't wait to see the results at the end of 6 months!

It made the sting of not eating my sister's Strawberry Lemonade Cake this week, TOTALLY worth it!!!...





And it has made all of the bruises and scratches I obtained in this weekend's Mud Run, also totally worth it! (That's me in the bottom-left corner, lol)...



Hands-down, your biggest fan on this day,

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING RESULTS CHEECH!!! Congratulations on your continued success!

    ReplyDelete