Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Move along, move along...nothing to see here...

As I thought about today's blog entry, I realized that I (conveniently) forgot to post the results from last week's weigh-in. I don't remember actual numbers, but I do remember that I lost (not weight) and Katie won. While Katie's "before and after" pictures will be drastically different...mine will not, LOL! And since I was only on my diet one day in the last seven days, tomorrow's weigh-in is gonna be a stinker too.

Thank goodness for the marathon training though. If it wasn't for my dedication to that, then I am certain I would have gained back any weight this week that I have lost in the last 6 months!

Some notable Chubby Entrees include: The MOPS Breakfast Buffet on Wednesday, 2 separate occasions of fast food, All-You-Can-Eat Pancakes at Ihop, frozen yogurt WITH toppings, these...



Oh, and then these (Streusel Cupcakes)...





But back to the running...

For the most part that is going good. I ran a total of 19 miles last week. And, just 20 minutes ago, I completed my 200th mile since the start of our training! That's a neat accomplishment!

Saturday's long run was the big 9 miler. I was hoping to do that outside, around my neighborhood. But it was raining. There are 2 things that this marathon training has made me fear: illness and injury. If I obtain either one of those, then my training will serve a set-back. Soooo, since "Elizabeth" and "falling" are not distant relatives, I never increase my chances of (slipping and) falling by running in the rain.

On Saturday morning, I first "carbed-up" and met my mom for the previously mentioned pancakes at Ihop. Then, to the gym I went. The first 5 miles were a breeeeeeeze. I was surprised at how well I was keeping my breakfast down, LOL! But miles 6 and 7 were a little less breezy. ;0) After I had ran 7 miles non-stop, I did 5 minute intervals of walking and running, until I completed the 9th mile. While its disappointing that I can't say I ran all 9 miles, I'm still pretty proud of myself for the effort I gave it. The fact that just 16 weeks ago, I occasionally would run a long distance of 3 miles, compared to what I am accomplishing now, is not lost on me. :0)

Stay tuned...

In 2 weeks from today I will have participated in my first Half Marathon!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, for a week where your diet was a little off, your exercise was kickin' butt!! 200 miles is awesome!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not lost on me either! I'm so proud of you, E!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I wish I have been keeping track of my mileage! I had NO idea you had pancakes?!?!

    ReplyDelete