Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What's harder: Fasting for 40 days, or Eating for 40 days?

There are 4 of us ladies in my office. I come in to the office once a week, and for the last few weeks, there has been a candy dish sitting on my desk when I arrive.

The first week, I resisted the candy, and immediately relocated the dish to another one of the ladies' desks.

The next week, I took a couple of the Hershey kisses, put them in my purse, and then moved the dish.

Today, I ate a couple of the Hershey kisses, realized I was eating chocolate BEFORE 7:30am (sigh), and then moved the dish. I went to a different area in our office for an hour, only to come back and have the chocolate dish back on my desk! These people! I finally said, "I don't need the chocolate!"...to which they responded, "Neither do we!"...So why is it in our office, and why is the dish always being refilled!?

Today was the weigh-in for week 5...yada, yada, yada...Katie won...yada, yada, yada. ;0)

Week 1 was like 12 days long, and I have learned that week 6 will only consist of 3 days!? The final weigh-in is on Thursday night. I'm so excited for my friend to be the winner of the entire challenge at her YMCA...seriously, I think she is going to do it! :0)

One competition is coming to a close, and since today marks the beginning of a brand new month, I'm thinking, "it's out with the old, and in with the new!" :0)

I'm going to challenge myself to eat healthy everyday for 40 days. It may sound silly, but I am certain that the 40 days I ate zero food, will be 100% easier than limiting myself to eating healthy foods for 40 days! Now, when I say "healthy", I'm not saying that I will be a Whole-Foods/Henry's/Trader Joe's-ONLY-kind-of-shopper! I just mean that I will not cheat on my diet for 40 days. I will not eat fast food for 40 days. I will not eat obvious non-diet foods like candy bars, the MOPS breakfast buffet (crying inside!), cake in any form, ice cream, etc.

Can I do it!? Probably not! But can you imagine if I did!?

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine!! There aren't any crazy holidays where chocolate is the primary focus until NEXT month! You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally can do this!!! Xoxo

    So, is the dish still in the office??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learned that you can do anything you put your mind too!!! & what is this yada yada yada stuff?!?! LOL
    I don't see the final challenge update either?!
    Are you so glad right now I can post blog comments from my new phone?!?!

    ReplyDelete