Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Week in Review

Monday: The day I was back in action! I ran 3 miles in the morning, then immediately did my "Pump It!" class, and then went back to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio while Wyatt was in his "Kid Fit" class...



Tuesday: The day I won week 3's weight loss challenge against Katie! (Yeah, I need to milk that for all it's worth...who knows if I'll catch another win, LOL!) From now on, our mid-week runs start to increase. I will be running 4 miles on Tuesdays instead of just the 3 miles. I didn't get a morning workout in becuase it was my morning to work in the office. However, in the evening, I powered through my 4 mile run in under 40 minutes, and then I immediately did an hour of Zumba. I'm loving everything about Zumba. I'm mastering (slight exaggeration, lol) some of the moves, its an incredible workout, and I'm starting to make acquaintances with some of the other regulars. Also, as a matter of note, I acquired my first piece of "Zumba" paraphernalia. "Zumba" is quite the brand, and it seems that everyone is rocking a Zumba headband, tank top, hat, or WHATEVER! I've started with a single rubber bracelet...it was given to me...I have forgotten to wear it since...HAHAHAHA! :0)

Wednesday: The day we didn't have MOPS so I was able to get in a 2nd "Pump It!" class for the week. Wednesdays are my rest day from the run, so I was able to go back to the gym before Awana, and do just (well, not "just"...that's a burn of over 1000 calories!) an hour of cardio. :0) Wednesday (and Thursdays, for that matter) are my new favorite TV nights! After taking a few years off from this show, I am now back to watching American Idol...and I LOOOOOOVE IT!!! I love the new judges! I love (most of) the new talent! And I love my chaxting sessions during the show...shout out to Pam! :0)

Thursday: The day I squeezed in an hour of cardio in the morning, then watched Wednesday night's premier of Survivor with Katie (I don't think I'm jumping on board the Survivor train this season), and then went back to the gym at night for a 3 mile run and an hour of Zumba.

Friday: The day the Brumbaugh-Edwards Sleepover-Swap was canceled. :0( Besties, Brady and Wyatt were gonna sleep at Auntie Jenni's house, and besties, Zachary & Bea were gonna have a sleepover at our house. Unfortunately Zack got sick, so the plans were off. The kids had been counting down the sleeps to this event for over 2 weeks, and so I had to think of a way to make Friday still super exciting for them. I knocked out an our of cardio in the morning, an hour of cardio in the evening, and then we hit up my ole pal Chuck-E-Cheese!





Saturday: THE DAY I RAN 7 MILES! Our big run this week was only supposed to be 5 miles, but since last Saturday's disaster, I HAD to get 7 miles out from under me! Not only that, we have a 9 mile run scheduled for this coming Saturday, and I did not want to go from 5 miles to 9 miles, without having accomplished a 7 mile run at some point. So I did it! I rocked it! 7 miles...in 71 minutes, 32 seconds. It felt amazing!

Sunday: The day of a HUGE accomplishment & MAJOR downfall, LOL! So after my big week of exercise, I was so disappointed to be only 1 pound down from Tuesday's weigh-in. Each day I was just hitting this road block on the scale. My eating was mostly on point...my efforts in the gym were obviously noted...but to no avail. EXCEPT, after Saturday's long run, I weighed in on Sunday morning, and I had broken that weight loss barrier! I was the lowest I had ever gotten to on this journey, and I was stoked! But emotions are fleeting. :0) We went to church, and after running to the van to stay as dry as possible from the rain, I looked at my gym bag sitting in the van, and it didn't look appealing. I asked the kids if they felt like skipping the gym. There was mixed reviews. :0/ I upped the ante by asking if they felt like skipping the gym, AND drinking hot chocolate together!? The vote was now unanimous! Although, I didn't stop there. The only thing better than hot chocolate, was...hot chocolate AND donuts! We had one more stop to make before we got home to our hot chocolate fest. ;0) And that's pretty much what I did for the rest of the day...drank hot chocolate (from scratch) with whip cream (from scratch) and snacked on donuts...all the while we cuddled with the kids on the couch. It was wonderful. I knew I would regret my decision in the morning, but for the moment, it was a nice a break. I fed my current obsession with Savannah, GA (where I will be vacationing in just 2 months and 27 days, but who's counting!?) by finishing the non-fictional novel "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." A day of rest indeed.

But as I suspected, I gained 3 pounds, sigh, and so now I am UP 1 pound since Tuesday's weigh-in. I'm hoping to at least break even by tomorrow. We shall see. :0)

2 comments:

  1. Good job with the workouts this week!! That is ALWAYS my biggest challenge...especially after working all day.....I look at my bag and think to myself, "It'll be good for you, you'll feel better.....nah, just go home, you're tired." All that is a matter of seconds!! This week I am determined to get in at least 3 really good workouts! Keep up the good work, it'll pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Girl! Wow! That's amazing!

    I totally love the child swap idea! You need to write a book with your family about cool family ideas... You all inspire me!

    Xoxo and miss you!! We need to reschedule!
    -V

    ReplyDelete