Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And Week 1 Goes To...

In my previous post entitled "Bring.It.On." I announced the start of a new 6-week weight loss competition I was participating in. My girlfriend Katie is doing the official competition through her YMCA, and I am unofficially competing against just her. :0)

Not that it was even an option, becuase my YMCA does not offer this competition, but I'm beginning to realize that she will have the edge between the 2 of us...becuase she paid the money. I told myself that I could burn comparable calories by just working out on my own (verses the 2 private training sessions, and all of the exercising she is doing on the side) and eating a low cal diet in the same parameters that she is doing. However, there is a difference when you sign-up, and put-up the money to participate in the real deal...she has an invested interest, she is SO much more committed than I am! I am REALLY proud of her will-power and determination.

She had copied the daily food journals for me that were given to her by the YMCA to record our daily food intake. On 1 of my days, all I wrote was, "I SUCK!"...and on a 2nd day, I wrote, "I SUCK EVEN MORE!"...but you won't find those comments on Katie's journal...that girl is FO-CUSED! It's not to say that she is never tempted to indulge in high calorie foods, but her response to me is always, "But, I can't. I literally can't do it." REALLY!? Because some how, I am still finding a way to do it! HAHAHA!

So the results...

You should first know that "Week 1" did not consist of 7 days...the official starting weigh-in was on a Thursday...January 20th...but the regular weigh-ins will be on Tuesdays. So actually, week 1 consisted of 12 days. From here on out though, each week will be 7 days (duh!).

Ok, so reeeeeally, here are the results...

In week 1, we both lost 8 pounds!!! :0) BUT, she weighs less than me, so her weight loss percentage is higher than mine. :0( This morning my weight loss percentage is 3.83%, and hers is 4.28%.

Congrats to the big winner Katie! She is MOST DESERVING!

But...may it never happen again! ;0)

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA...."May it never happen again", you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls, ROCK!!!! I am blown away by you both. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

    xoxo,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRING. IT. ON.
    Thanks for all your sweet words...YOU are such a great support and inspiration to me!!!

    ReplyDelete