Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

I love little holidays like Valentines Day and St. Patricks Day! Rick and I don't usually do much for Valentines Day...so there is little expectation on a day like this...which means, the little things mean a lot. :0) And the same goes with the kids...Christmas demands gobs of presents...even if you don't have the funds to provide said presents, the expectation is still there, and so disappointment awaits. That's not fun. But today, on Valentine's Day, Rick and I put together little bags for the kids from "Cupid", and surprised them with a cup of pink hot chocolate this morning at breakfast...they were THRILLED! :0)





Last week, the kids and I enjoyed our annual Valentine's Day party with our mommy & me group. One of my favorite memories about Elementary School was the holiday parties we would have in class, and especially the day we got to exchange valentine's with the other students. I'm excited that even though my kiddos (well just Wyatt for now) are home-schooled, they don't miss out on the opportunity to celebrate occasions like this with their friends, and come home with a big bag of fun little cards from their friends. :0) My favorite part of that day was spending it with my littlest sweetheart, my niece Samantha...



Another great thing about holidays are...baking orders! :0) Last week I got to bake a bunch of super fun Valentine cookies!

















The only problem with a holiday is...celebrating...and for me, celebrating usually equals...EATING! Tomorrow is the weigh-in for week 3 of the weight loss challenge, and things are looking pretty good for me to be the winner this week! :0) I.JUST.NEED.TO.HOLD.ON.

I told my husband that he didn't need to buy me anything for Valentine's but that if he did, it just couldn't involve food...NO CANDY! He said that if he couldn't buy me chocolate, then he didn't know what to get me, and so he says, "How about we just go out for lunch?" Ummmmmm, HELLO Hunny!?!?...that still involves food! I cannot be trusted at a restaurant on a holiday! HAHAHA!

2 comments:

  1. good luck with that whole winning this week's weigh in thing.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cookies, girl!! You are amazing to have the willpower to make those beautiful (and I'm sure) delicious items without eating them all yourself! Makes me think about the lifelong question I've had about people who work at Baskin Robbins. HOW do they not ALL weigh 400 lbs???? :) I'm with you on the slow & steady. It's the way to finally "win" this thing for sure. :) I tell myself each weigh-in that if it's -.5lb that I'll still be happy....

    ReplyDelete