Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, February 7, 2011

It's Me Against the World...the World is Winning!

Grab yourself a hunk of cheese and a handful of grapes, becuase you are in for the "whine" of your life...

What a week. Sigh. It seems like the world is working against me. Everything that could go wrong diet-wise, did.

1. 2 words: "Aunt" - "Flo"....nothing good on the scale happens when she is in town.

2. 2 words: "Date" - "Night"...I had the BEST time out with my hunny on Friday night! We enjoyed a DELICIOUS dinner at Olive Garden (or as my sister Anna calls it, "The O.G.") and a movie...complete with snacks. I ordered the following...Lasagna rolls stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, asiago, parmesan and romano cheese. Topped with mozzarella and seasoned breadcrumbs, baked in five cheese marinara...seriously, AMAZING...Oh, and 1170 calories! And that's not counting the 2 helpings of their standard house salad (700 calories) and 2 bread sticks (300 calories) that I ate! I did order water to drink though, HAHAHA!



3. 2 words: "Super" - "Bowl" (I'm pretty sure it's one word though, LOL)...I had planned to not indulge, but after the cards had already been stacked against my week of weight-loss, I decided to go "all in" on Sunday. We had nachos, pizza, chips, dip, and the most deliciously rich chocolate cupcakes that I made!



4. 2 words: "Sick" - "Beatrice"...again!...or, ummm...still! She was sick for about 2 weeks, but then was getting WAY better. But then all of sudden, her cold reared it's ugly head again! I took her in to the Dr. and it turns out she had the beginnings of an ear infection, and bronchitis in her chest. This time (unlike 2 weeks ago) they prescribed antibiotics, and she is doing SOOO much better! But when the kiddos are sick, it means my gym time is limited to when my husband can watch the kids so I can go solo.

5. 2 words: "Sick" - "Husband"...waaaa! Rick was so helpful watching the kiddos a couple of weeks ago when Bea was sick, but this week he was down for the count too. He's not crazy sick like Bea, but unfortunately every time I planned to squeeze in a trip to the gym, it was optimum hours for him to catch some Zzzzz's as well. :0(

So that's my whine fest!

Heavy on the calories (2 days) + light on the gym (several days) = I will be LUCKY if I break even on the scale at tomorrow's weigh-in. :0(

3 comments:

  1. I so feel you!! I need to fill you in on the latest with my big goal. xoxo I am sure it will all work out...or off...in the end... literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good thing its a lifestyle change and not a diet... You have tomorrow to work on it and make it better. You have accomplished so much you should be proud. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have those kind of weeks, but I always feel like a big loss is around the corner if I just keep going. So...just keep going!!

    ReplyDelete