Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Down-Low (2013-Weeks 2 & 3)

Back by popular demand!

Just kidding...my sister was the only one demanding an updated blog post, lol! But even having one fan makes me popular, right???

Things have been busy the last 4 weeks. Well, our life always seemed busy, but these past 4 weeks have been a new/different kind of busy.

As I have previously mentioned, I started a new bakery business this year ( www.PollyWantsACookie.com ). It's been all so exciting...and a lot of work...much more work than I expected. The "more than expected" work is all of the "business" stuff. I love baking, and that doesn't feel like work at all. In these past few weeks I have been taking deep breaths and telling myself that the "work-work" stuff is only temporary, and the "fun-work" will kick in soon. And sure enough, that has happened. Things are starting to settle down, and this past week I have gotten to "play" in the kitchen quite a bit. :0)

Honorable-(mid-chaos)-mention goes to: I got to have my first baking session in the commercial kitchen! Can I serve you a delicious cupcake...(or slop some mashed potatoes on a cafeteria tray for you!?)...



We were up to some of our old tricks these past couple of weeks. There was school of course, and who doesn't love seeing their name printed in their school book!?...


We squeezed fitness into our days...the 3 of us running together... :0)



And there were all kinds of dance lessons...


And play dates with friends...


And Wyatt got to spend time with his cousins...even if it meant that it was at the doctors office (shout-out to my sister for coming to my rescue!)...


In really old tricks, we did something this week that I have gotten to do every year for the last 32 years...celebrate my birthday! :0)

My birthday celebrations went on and on for a whole week. I am one blessed wife, mama, sister, daughter and friend! Our little family went to dinner, we had a few mid-week celebratory lunches, and then I got to celebrate with some of my "Happy Hour Girls"...






And finally, we got to celebrate with the whole family at "Family Dinner Night"...



 
So that's the official down-low on our up-and-up!...Until next time! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment