Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Year 2- Week 2)

Dear J Hud,

What's up girlfriend!? I'm writing you in back-to-back weeks...check me out!! ;0)

This past week re-opened a fave past-time of mine, and I'm interested to see how it will effect my weight loss goal in the coming days/weeks/months/years.

I'm not sure if you remember, but I used to bake beautifully decorated cookies, cupcakes, cake-pops and other yummy delights as a hobby. However, at the end of 2011, I made a personal commitment to pause all hobby-related-baking, and to instead make a concentrated effort towards weight loss. Obviously it seemed counter-productive to be baking treats (when they were my Kryptonite), AND make a serious attempt at losing weight.

Well 2012 came and went...Whew! That went FAST!...and not only am I back in the kitchen baking, but over the 1 year sabbatical from baking, I thought and thought, and prayed and prayed, and discussed and discussed, and researched and researched...and at the end of all of that, we finally decided to turn my hobby into an actual business! :0)

Over the last several months I have accumulated all of the necessary certificates and permits and insurance and yada-yada-yada's that are required to run a small bakery business. And as of January 1st of this year, I am now officially "open for business!"

In the weeks leading up to 2013, I was a little bit nervous about how this upcoming business would effect my weight loss goal. Would being around all of the treats be too difficult to resist? Would I be able to overcome temptation?

Well only time will tell. But if this past week is any indication, then I feel pretty confident about rising above the challenge in the future. While the thought crossed my mind to snag a piece of leftover sugar cookie dough today, I was able to easily squash the idea. It was surprisingly no big deal. NOW, I totally recognize that I have had these moments of strength one week, and then completely fail the next week, so I am not saying this new bakery business will not pose a challenge ever. BUT, I am not a slave to my temptations. I can (and do) make good choices. I can (and do) use the education and tools I have been given in WW to not only lose weight, but lose weight while living a normal life.

I am a baker. I was a baker even before I had a business. That's just who I am. I don't want to cut baking out of my life forever...and I don't have to. :0)

I'm super excited about this new chapter in our life...and I'm excited to make it fit into my WW lifestyle. :0)

On top of that, I had a successful week on the scale...24.5 pounds until goal! :0)

Let's do this!

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment