Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Year 2- Week 5)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

After last week's birthday induced weight gain, I had made a personal commitment to myself to not record a gain on the scale again until I reach my goal weight. I don't care if I only lose 1/10th of a pound in one week, or if I lose 20 pounds in one week, but I just don't want to go backwards anymore.

I stayed true to my personal-pact...but just by the skin of my teeth...I was down a 1/2 pound this week. It obviously would have been exciting to have lost more, but hey, I'm just glad I didn't put on weight.

For the month of January, I lost a total of 5.5 pounds. Again, nothing earth-shattering, but again, a loss is a loss, and I will take it! :0)

The new shift of priorities in my life seem foreign, and I'm still working it all out in my head. My dedication to my faith and my family have not changed, but the time spent strategizing/focusing on my weight loss, has almost completely been replaced by strategizing/focusing on my new business. I have not abandoned my weight loss...but it's just weird that is not of huge critical importance to me anymore. When I was "hard core," I used to work out 2 hours a day...there is literally not enough hours in my day to work out 2 hours now. There absolutely IS time to carve out 1 hour though. However, when I have a lot of things on my calendar for the day, working out seems to be the least appealing thing.

90% of the time I still make the workout happen...and after the run, or after the spin class I am SOOOO glad I took a break from whatever I was doing and took care of myself...but on the rare occasion, I did succumb to the "lazies" and I bailed on my plans to workout.

That is the part the scares me.

For the last year I have had people tell me that they don't have time to work out, and while I agree that their work schedules ARE insane, I told them that when fitness became important enough for them, they would make the time in their day to work out (I still believe that). No matter how busy my life becomes, I take time to shower, and read my Bible. While fitness is not on the same level as personal hygiene and time in The Word, it is still VERY IMPORTANT. I don't want to get in the habit/pattern of making excuses for why I couldn't work out, and why I couldn't eat healthy.

I look forward to when this new lifestyle feels natural, and I can find balance again.

Hopefully next week I will have a larger weight loss to report...but for now, just 30 pounds to go until goal weight! :0)

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment