Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Muchas Fiestas

Our week started off in a usual way...watching my sister's kiddos...but with an unusual change of pace, we left the house for a walking adventure to their nearest park...




One of us had a secret trip to the bathroom this week to apply a temporary tattoo...in a not-so-secret place on our body...


And I hosted our final MOPS Leadership meeting this week. I decided to go out with a bang, and treat the ladies to a beautiful celebratory breakfast. I can't believe there is just one more real MOPS meeting left. I am looking forward to the responsibility-side of MOPS to be over, but on the other hand, it definitely feels like the end of an era, and with that comes some sadness. :0(


On the 4th of May, we celebrated the 5th of May at our annual Cinco de Mayo fiesta with our Mommies group...



Some of the kids helped me stuff the pinatas...


And my sister did a make-a-maraca craft with the littles...



There were swings to be swung...

Babies to be held...



Food to be eaten...



And pinatas to bust into!...







And why would you eat 1 lollipop...when you can have 2!?



Later that night, the family gathered at my Dad's house to welcome in out-of-state family from Kansas...


And because "the show" was so good the first time...and because there was a different, and much larger audience, Wyatt, the assistant, introduced The Great Grand-pah-ski for a repeat performance of the magical egg trick!...





And even later that night, we had Brady over for the long awaited sleepover!...


In the morning, in an effort to purge all of the candy my kiddos brought home from the pinatas, I continued our Saturday-morning-pancake-breakfast tradition with "Pinata Pancakes"!




They were super tasty!...but only if you are into that whole caramel-snickers-peanut-butter-cup-rolo kind of thing. ;0)

The best of Saturday...actual Cinco de Mayo...was yet to come...

My cousin Ashley was getting married!!!! :0)

We gathered at the GORGEOUS Cabrillo National Monument for their nuptials...



And as we waited for the bride to arrive, it afforded us the opportunity to take a LOT of pictures...I'll spare you from most of those!




The beautiful bride arrived!!!...





And then it was time for the reception aboard a Hornblower cruise!!!...




There were beautiful sights...


Delicious eats...


And fun adventures...


When the ship had docked, we weren't ready to call it a night. Grammy was still having fun with all of the kiddos, and so we headed to OTB (On the Border restaurant) to continue our Cinco de Mayo fun...




When the night was over, and I went back to my sister's house to pick up my kiddos, I looked at Wyatt and said, "My sentiments exactly!"...


SUPER FUN...tiring...week(end)!

No comments:

Post a Comment