Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kinks in our Coil

I'm a little bit cranky...and a lot tired...this should be an interesting post...I'll fight the urge to be sarcastic through the entire thing...

This was a BIG week for Wyatt...the highest highs...and the LOWEST low!

Everything started off on a positive note...after a conversation about Disney movies, we discovered that as a family we knew far too little about the flick "101 Dalmatians"...so I devised a super fun surprise for the kids...after the gym on Monday night, I put the kids to bed...I told myself to wait 5 minutes, and then go back in their rooms, and say, "Just joking! Let's do movie night instead of sleeping!"...only, when I went in to Bea's room, she was already asleep!!! :0( BOOOOOO! Oh well. When I moved on to room #2, Wyatt was TOTALLY game for a movie night instead of bed time! :0) I pulled out the sofa bed in the living room, and we settled in for an adventure with Pongo, Perdita, and their 99 puppies (well, only 15 were actually theirs....who knows their Dalmatian trivia NOW!?!?)


And then, later in the week, we did one of Wyatt's FAVORITE activities...SWIMMING! :0)




The kids start back in swimming lessons this upcoming week, for 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing them progress with their skills...and chat with my girlfriend while our kids are in the pool. ;0)

And this week it was Wyatt's turn for his Awana ceremony...he completed his 3rd and final year in Sparks! Next year he will be in 3rd grade, and will move up to "TNT"...where does the time go!? :0(






The ceremony dragged on for quite some time (MAJOR props to Grammy for attending AND hanging in for the whole thing)...and I found Wyatt occupying his time in other ways...



Wyatt also enjoyed Legos with his cousins...


...and after practicing his piano recital song for his cousin's on my sister's piano, Brady HAD to bring out his guitar, and show Wyatt a thing or two...which then meant that Wyatt HAD to play a guitar also...Can you tell which child actually knows how to play the guitar!?)...



But then things kind of went sour for the week.

Wyatt received his 2nd (ever) bee sting...


And while an incident as traumatizing as a bee sting would normally be the talk of the week, unfortunately Wyatt apparently had something else he wanted to say...more specifically: a-single-4-letter-word...


Ugh. ROUGH day. That stung harder than the bee. :0(

One day I will forget that moment ever happened...and one day "normal Wyatt" will come to mind again...you know, just like this...



Beatrice had a SLIGHTLY better week than Wyatt.

She loved the picnic lunch we had at our park...



And even though swimming is NOT her favorite sport, she sure did enjoy splashing on the stairs...



...and CLINGING to the wall...



Bea had TONS of time with her "Coustie" (cousin-bestie) this week!




I remember my mom always telling a funny story about how when my siblings and I were younger, she never let us have toy guns, but yet she would always find my brother turning anything and everything into a gun anyway...including our Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Soooo, when I discovered these little girls using the boys' Legos as a make-up set, I couldn't help but laugh! :0)





We were all blessed to have Samantha even come to our house for a sleepover this week! :0)))



...but first, there was a "Princess Bath"...






Having TWO princesses in a bath (or anywhere for that matter!), can often lead to a ROYAL dispute! Someone is shouting at someone...and someone doesn't like to be told what to do...



When a sleepover ends with cinnamon french toast....





...and a surprise guest at the breakfast table...



 ...who can remember if/how/what/when/where things ever went wrong!? :0)

2 comments:

  1. FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    A. A four letter word? Sounds like he's pulling an Auntie Jenny!

    B. Sammi bossing Bea around in the tub...reminds me of a certain situation between Jenny and I in high school...Mother like daughter...BAHAHAHAHA!!! - Poor Bea, I know she did NOTHING wrong. ;-)

    3. The up close pic of Sam in the tub is my all time FAVORITE picture of her to date!

    D. Super funny story about make-up & legos

    E. My kids have never been stung by a bee...poor Wyyyyyatt! :-/

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having a peek into your life. ;)

    You're SUCH A GOOD MOM!!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete