Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Celebrating Motherhood

This week...

Being a mom is...carving a watermelon for a snack date with the cousins...


Being a mom is...catching lady bugs with your daughter during your son's piano lessons...



Being a mom is...saying good-bye to the women AND your leadership role in M.O.P.S. ...




Being a mom is...watching your daughter earn her 1st Year's Award at Cubbies...






Being a mom is...watching your son perform a song with his group at his Sparky's club...

Being a mom is...letting the 2nd-grade-girls in your Sparky's group cover your clothes with stickers (They kept calling me a "Sticker Model"...such a FUN age!..."31" AND "7", lol!)...


Being a mom is...witnessing your children induct themselves into "The Cool Club"...


Being a mom is...whipping up a double batch of Strawberry Jam...




...and trying your hand at homemade Grape Jelly too!...




Being a mom is...celebrating YOUR mom at Seaport Village...





...watching the kids be kids...




...eating a delicious picnic lunch...





...spending time with the ones you love...



...getting ice cream...




(even when she is not smiling...and especially when she has an ice cream mustache...my niece is STUNNING!)


...AND riding the carousel...




(Brady is a boy's boy!...I LOVE this kid!...every time he came around on the carousel he was doin' something different...my favorite was the "Hi-Howdy-Hey" to Auntie Cheech!)





Being a mom is...getting to sit with your mom at church on Sunday...


...and finding a note from your son hanging in the church foyer...


Being a mom is...getting to celebrate YOU on actual Mother's Day with your family...








Being a mom is the greatest gift God has given to me. I love now. I love getting to explore...I love getting to watch trial and error, and trial and success through my children...I love that it's acceptable to be silly when you are in your 30's because you are hanging out with children under the age of 10...and I love that for the last 12 months I have been able to be at home (or on the go...however the day pans out) with my children full-time. It has been a blast (and exhausting, but MOSTLY a blast!) to be with them from the time they wake-up, until the time they go to bed. Thank you Lord for my blessings! Thank you to my wonderful husband who provides for me to stay home with our children! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment