Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Week 19)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

The roller coaster ride of weight loss continues...last week I was down...this week I am up...again. But luckily, the gain was nowhere near as scary as in previous weeks...I'm up 2.4 pounds this week. The bummer part is that I was at a FANTASTIC number by Friday morning, and then 3 days of "Fiesta" hit. :0(

I started out strong on Friday though. We had our annual Mommies group Cinco de Mayo party, and I set myself up for success. Instead of bringing a treat to the party (old Elizabeth), I signed up to bring fruit (the new Elizabeth)...


...and instead of trusting myself to have self control with all of the AMAZING Mexican food that my friends had lovingly prepared...


...I decided to just pack my normal (delicious) lunch that I knew would not stumble my efforts in weight loss for the week.

I did however, sample some virgin sangria...


...I took a single bite of an INCREDIBLE cinnamon swirl cupcake, and I shared a mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cup with my sister...


Overall, after the party was over, I had felt like I was successful. :0)

But then later that evening, I had another party to go to. My dad was hosting out-of-state family over for dinner at his house, and I was not successful there at all. :0( I thought I was going to be fine...I ate a small dinner before I went so I wouldn't need to eat while I was there. But one appetizer meatball turned into eating full on dinner with my dad's fabulous grilled chicken, grilled steak, and garlic bread...OK, AND I had a scoop of the kid's mac-n-cheese too...oh yeah, and the BIGGEST land-flat-on-my-face-stumble...my stepmom's Apple Crunch, and Cherry Crunch...WITH  vanilla ice cream!!! :-0 Old Elizabeth was BACK! :0(

On Saturday morning I totally ate the "Pinata Pancakes" that I made for the kids, and then I went to my cousin's wedding where I consumed far too many calories in cheese, crackers, dip, appetizers, champagne, and CAKE!



I did show some self control that night though...my family ended up going to "On the Border" after the wedding, and much to my surprise, I was too full to consume anything else other than 2 tortillas and a glass of water.

I thought I would have the strength/motivation to "be good" on Sunday, but after a perfect day of eating, I threw in the towel at dinner and had Little Cesars with my family of 4, and then ate MORE steak with my extended family at "Family Dinner Night"...and even MORE Apple and Cherry Crunch...WITH chocolate ice cream this time! :-0 Elizabeth...Elizabeth...Elizabeth....sigh.


I did get back on my diet on Monday, and I was able to lose a few of the pounds I gained over the weekend, but it was still a bummer to record a gain this week. :0(

After I weighed in this morning, the beast in me got all crazy in my head, and I was thinking, "OK, (stress) if you are going to meet your weekly goal next week (stress), that means you have to lose 6.6 pounds this week (stress) to get back on track (stress)..." ...stress...stress...stress...

But then it dawned on me...CHILL-the-heck-OUT!...What if you played it cool this week, and NOT stress?...What if you just stick with tracking your points like you should, without stressing about it?...What if you just exercise like you normally would, without stressing about it?...STOP all the STRESSING! The weight WILL come off. Just do your WW thing, and if you lose the 6.6 great...and if not, it's not the end of the world.


So that's where I am at.

Unfortunately, starting with this past weekend, I have non-stop parties/plans/events on the next 6 straight weekends. I need to exercise self control over these next several weeks. This time last year I was in the exact same boat...pretty much the exact same weight that I am now...but during the summer I let the events get the best of me, and I gained back almost all of the weight I had lost in the prior 6 months.

I don't want that for me in 2012.

I don't want to gain the weight back. I don't even want to maintain this weight. I still want to press on, and SHED these pounds! I need to remember that my goal isn't to sample foods at a party...my goal is to achieve a healthy weight that I have never been able to achieve in my adult or adolescent life! Fitting into a size 10, a size 8, and even a size 6 (????) will be so much sweeter than any cake, than any meatball, than any ___(fill in current craving here)___ .

Keep pressing on Elizabeth.

Thanks for always listening J Hud.

Your biggest fan,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment