Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Joy to the World!

Christmas Eve is always spent with my family. After we all went to church, we gathered together at my dad & stepmom's house...











Beatrice and Samantha looked so beautiful together in their matching dresses. We tried so hard to get a picture of them together...but to no avail. My little niece is such a ham...in more ways than one...but when it comes to posing for a picture, she is 100% in opposition to the idea. This is the best we could do...





And my attempt at taking a picture of my own children in front of the tree, was only slightly better...



The food was great! My dad made his famous "Party Ryesers" (Rye bread is the essence to this appetizer)...



To which we found him "raising the roof" on more than one occasion when someone would partake in his appetizer, lol...



My sister Jenni made these amazing horse devours...which we deemed as "mini-pizzas". Fortunately, even calling them "mini-pizzas" did not have the kids convinced that they would taste good...too many "real" ingredients...more for us! :0)



Unfortunately, I was stuck in the back of the table, pinned between the kids, the adults, and a table leg, before I realized that I had forgotten my camera for the sit down dinner. There was NO getting up. But the food was delicious...a Honey Baked Ham, and Honey Baked Turkey Breast, cheesy potatoes, my grandma's spoon bread, stuffing, salad, green beans, corn...and what else am I forgetting!? hmmmmm. Regardless, the eats were plentiful, and delicious!

For dessert, my sister Anna had bought an apple pie which was "deserving of a kiss from Wyatt"...my stepmom put out all of the treats her and I made together...



And I made a malted milk ball Yule Log...



After all of the eating was done, the kids brought their talents to the evening. Brady played Jingle Bells for us on the guitar...



Wyatt played "The First Noel", "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on the piano...



And then Trevor, the best reader in the house, read us the account of Christ's birth from the book of Luke...



After that, each parent was armed with scissors, a camera, and/or a garbage bag...let the present-opening begin!







As always, Christmas Eve was a fun and blessed time with family. We are so appreciative of the generosity of our loved ones.

On Christmas Day, we are solo as a family in our own home. The kids woke up at 6am, and were so excited to open their presents...



Let the fun begin...













Daddy's turn...



By the time the presents were all opened, the cinnamon rolls I had made were just coming out of the oven...



...swimming in cream cheese icing...



After breakfast, it was time to try on, and try out all of our new things...







And then I set out to work on our Christmas dinner...

...a standing rib roast with root vegetables...



...homemade potato rolls...



...I have never had it before, but I crave risotto every time I watch the chefs make it on Food Network. I figured this meal was the perfect excuse to research a recipe, and make a creamy risotto for my family...



...and green bean casserole for my lovely hunny. :0) A Christmas FEAST!!!...



Such a wonderful Christmas filled with graditude for the birth of a Savior...love in our hearts...and laughter in our bellies...



Merry Christmas! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment