Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, December 26, 2011

2011

Some have asked about the homemade Christmas gifts that I was working on in October....

As I was playing with playdough with the kids one day, and cutting out little shapes, I thought, "hmmmm...I bet these shapes can dry out and be made into ornaments." That thought then progressed into more thoughts..."Oh! We can each put our thumbprint on the little flower!"..."Oh! I can then personalize each thumbprint with a Christmas character!"..."Oh wait! No, I will personalize each thumbprint with something unique to each person!"..."Oh wait..."..."Oh wait..."..."Oh wait...."

The result was...

Rick’s thumbprint- Not only is Rick a traditional fellow, but just like Santa, Rick has worked very hard in 2011 providing for his “Mrs. Claus” and his little “elves.” He has been diligent, and joyful, and we have so appreciated our “Saint Rick!”, ahem, "Saint Nick!"

Elizabeth's thumbprint- I have had such a fun and productive year in the kitchen! Not only did I get to have a great time creating beautiful confections, but I also got paid to participate in my favorite hobby…How cool is that!?

Wyatt's thumbprint- With the exception of his obsession with Scooby Doo (which is a rather LARGE exception), Wyatt has continued his excitement/discovery/knowledge of all things Science Fiction. Among knowing things that actually matter in life (Academics and Biblical Scripture), he can talk your ear off about any character that ever existed in both Star Wars and Star Trek.

Beatrice's thumbprint- Beatrice has left behind anything that resembles life as an infant. High Chairs, cribs, and car seats have exited our home this year. Now enter Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Care Bears, and of course…Hello Kitty! It is so much fun to watch her develop into her own person, and discover her own interests!

We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2012!!!


1 comment:

  1. HOW STINKIN' CUTE IS THIS?!?!?

    Once again, E, you win the most creative friend award!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete