Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Big Bear 2011- Days 3 & 4

I woke up so excited for Saturday...this was the day we were going to go fishing! Last year I didn't go fishing with the little ones, but after seeing the pictures that my sister Anna took, I put "Fishing" on my must-do-at-Big-Bear list!

But first, there was breakfast. My Auntie Veronica and her team made an amazing french toast/bread pudding dish, with an amazing butter rum/caramel sauce...MMMMMMMM! And in addition to a few other things, we also got to make our own omelettes that we boiled in a bag...so fun!



After breakfast, it was time to get ready for our day. I had no idea that putting on make-up in my room would become such a (FUN) public affair! One by one, the kids trickled in to my room to see what Auntie Cheech was up to, and one by one they dipped in to my make-up (yes, I use a "Caboodle"...and yes, I bought it in my late 20's, LOL!)...







My nephew Nathan was HILARIOUS! He thought this was the funniest thing! He obviously doesn't put on make-up ever, but in the name of "silliness", I let him go with it, and we had a moment together. :0)



OK, enough with all things "girly", it was time to man-up, and get our fishin' on! My dad and I took some of the boys down to the lake...







My dad rigged up the poles...



And then we waited...and waited...



We had a lovely view to take in...



And then there was a lot of messing around...







And FIIIIINALLY...we caught a fish!





Back at the house, some of us enjoyed naps (not me, waaaa)...and some of us decorated gingerbread houses...



My prize winner...even though there wasn't "technically" a competition...and even though "technically", my "competition" were children, LOL!...



Then we got ready for our big dinner...



My mom and the Saturday Night Dinner Team made an amazing lasagna dinner...



And immediately after dinner, we had a visitor...Santa arrived!!!



Everyone enjoyed getting to sit on Santa's lap...





Well, except Samantha, HAHAHAHA!!!...





After Santa flew back to the North Pole, Beatrice asked to try on the new outfit that he had given to her...



"Look mama, it twirls!"...



The night continued with the guys sitting down to a game of poker...and the females gathered in the living room for a "gab-fest". After several hours, we called it a night...on our final night in Big Bear.

When we woke up on Sunday, it was "Operation: Pack up and leave." After enjoying a light breakfast together, and helping each other load up our cars, it was time to head down the mountain. BUT not until another tradition was upheld.

Last year when we came to Big Bear, we saw this adorable bakery on the main drag, and we stopped there for a treat on the way home. There was no sense in breaking a tradition like THAT!

We're here!!!...





Decisions, decisions...



Now we are packed and ready to go!



What a fun trip...with fun people! Lord willing, we will gather together again next year...in the same place...at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. LOL most @ your winning (but not technically) gingerbread house. And oil what in a bag? when you get a chance, please explain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...maybe something got lost in "Technology Land"...but I think you are referring to the "omlettes we boiled in a bag", does that sound right??? My Aunt had scrambled up some eggs, and then poured them in to sandwich-size ziploc bags. We then got to customize our bags with various things....chopped veggies, shredded cheese, chopped ham, bacon, etc. She then dropped the completed bags into a boiling pot of water, and they cooked right up. It was a super easy...and fun...way to make omlettes!

    ReplyDelete