Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Competition- Week 3

There are 2 parts to this blog post...

Part 1- Everything before 5pm on Thanksgiving Day.

Part 2- Everything after 5pm on Thanksgiving Day.

In Part 1, I was on FIRE! (Metaphorically speaking, of course!) I was an animal at the gym, my eating was on-point...I was hardcore...The Zone had continued! :0)

All week I had mentally prepared myself for Thanksgiving. I was going to eat absolutely everything that I REALLY wanted...and not bother eating anything that I could care less about. The only condition, was that I was only going to take a very small amount of the things I wanted to try...I'm talking like a 2 or 3 bite portion. And that worked for me. I was able to easily resist the appetizers (Sees Candy & my husbands "famous" cheeseball)...while those things are known to be huge hits for my taste buds, I told myself, you know what those taste like, you have had them MANY times, you are fine to not ingest those calories. While my guests were eating appetizers, I was still doing a bit of cooking, and so that also made it easier to stay away.

And then it came time to eat dinner. I was so proud of myself...I did what I set out to do! Here is my plate...



I had some turkey, some of my sister Anna's heavily sugared homemade cinnamon applesauce, some of our traditional stuffing, some mashed potatoes (with cream cheese mixed in...YUM!), some roasted sweet potatoes with chopped bacon, and some salad (with no dressing). And it may not seem like much, but after eating healthy all week, this amount of food, with all of these delicious flavors, was 100% satisfying after my plate was cleared.

But after I was finished eating, and others were continuing to eat, there was MUCH conversation and hoopla about the amazing croissants that my mom had ordered from this gourmet bakery. You can see these massive creations in the center of the table below...



My brother-in-law Desmon pulled me off a piece of his croissant for me to try. I resisted. He then dipped the piece in gravy, and said I HAD to try it. I GREATLY resisted. But then after a few minutes of continuing to converse about random things outwardly...and continually to converse about the croissant inwardly...I gave in. :0( I ripped off a piece of a fresh croissant, and just like Eve biting in to the fruit, I was DOOMED! It was SO delicious. After a few minutes (OK, maybe it was a few seconds, LOL) I proceeded to eat the ENTIRE croissant! :-0

And since I had blown it on the croissant, I didn't do the smart thing and stop...cut my losses. Instead, I went back to the appetizer table, and had a few pieces of Sees candy.

And since I had done all of that...at some point I ditched my glass of water, and had a glass of champagne...Cheers!



And then of course, when dessert was served, I proceeded to have a little bit of that. And in truth, it was just a little...my stomach wasn't used to everything I had just put in to it, and therefore I was truly FULL!

I had planned to be "good" when I woke up on Friday morning, but I was so busy in the morning that I didn't have time to eat breakfast, and so when I went to my mom 's house to finish cleaning up the last bit of our event, I laid eyes on another croissant...and ate it! :-0

And then we went to the movies...ate more.

And then we decorated our house for Christmas...ate more.

And then I was home all weekend with sick kids, and I didn't feel so hot either...ate more.

So after all is said and done, I erased SO much work/effort/results that I had accomplished these last few weeks, and now I am at a total loss (for the competition) of 3.5 pounds. :0(

Will I ever learn!?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, E, I know there's not much I can say to make you feel better, but will you take a you look smokin' hot in that picture? Love ya and if anyone can bounce back, it's you!!

    ReplyDelete