Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Eh, Whatcha gonna do???

This was a week of mostly ups...and then one down(er).

Friday was just an AWFUL day. :0( I couldn't sleep the night before, and so after finally falling asleep at 1am, I was woken up by Wyatt screaming from the bathroom at 4:30am...I went in there to find him up throwing up. Such a bummer! After manning that situation, I went back to sleep only have Beatrice wake up 15 min later and say she was up for the day. We then found a leak under our kitchen sink that had made a huge mess of the stuff that was stored under there...since Wyatt was sick, I opted for an at-home workout, to which I was reminded why my gym membership is PRICELESS (childcare!)...I drove all the way to the store, only to find out that I had left my list and coupons back at the house...the kids and I laid down to take a nap, and wouldn't you know it, just as I was drifting off, the plumber showed up to fix the leak...and after driving to Sea World on Friday night for the much anticipated members-only premiere of their holiday festivities, we found that everyone else in San Diego County was looking forward to doing the same thing (both the I-8 freeway and the I-5 freeway was STACKED!) so we decided to scrap that plan, turn around, and we ended our day with a 2nd (pancake) dinner at IHOP with Grammy...





Pretty much the only thing I found funny about Friday was at 4:35am...after Wyatt had just thrown up, he asked, "Mommy, does this mean I don't have to do my math book today?" Being the mean mom that I am, I wouldn't let him off of the hook just yet. I replied, "Let's just wait and see." An hour an a half later, he threw up again...and afterwards he asked, "NOW, do I get to not do math?" HAHAHAHA! "Yeah buddy, I think you get to not do math today." (However, I did still make him take his spelling test.) But wouldn't you know it, he never threw up again for the rest of the day!

Alright, now that the negative is out of the way, lets talk fun stuff!

We had a last minute playdate with some of our favorite people this week. My sister and her kiddos came to our house, and we played at the park in our complex...





All of the boys' faces in this picture CRACKS ME UP!...



Beatrice found some discoveries...



And captured a few of those "discoveries" in her bug catcher...



Grammy showed up too!...



And Jenni hopped on Brady's bike...



Only to immediately fall off of it...hahahahaha!!!...



But then she figured it out! :0)....



In the kitchen this week, Beatrice helped me every (EVERY) morning with my breakfast (whether I wanted her help or not)...



And Wyatt helped me get started on making the turkey cookie favors for the kids at our Thanksgiving...





We played LOTS of games...







And on Thursday...one week before Thanksgiving...we had family movie night! My pick was A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and Rick's pick was the Thanksgiving episode of the Brady Bunch. There was watching...



And then there was cuddling. :0)...



And as always, Wyatt was busy drawing. It looks like he is expanding his horizons on "Creative Lettering"...



And finally, we went to my friend Katie's Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser...



In school this week, we had lots of fun with our new science kit that was gifted to us. We made and then combined colored water...





And then we found, observed, and discussed...a bug...



This kit is really neat, and has MANY more experiment ideas for us to try. This is a great kit for Beatrice's age...however, I have had my eyes on an AWESOME science kit for Wyatt! I have a feeling Wyatt might be getting it for Christmas this year. ;0)

In addition, this week, Beatrice focused on the shape of an oval...



She found some in my bag of treasure...





And she learned about the letter "O"...



It's a rather tasty letter to learn about...



Our craft involved both the shape of an oval, and the letter "O"...an Octopus!...



That looked like jelly fish!...Eh, whatcha gonna do??? Oh well....



And finally, in our study of the United States, we learned about the 9th state of our Union...New Hampshire!



We read about the factories that were built in the state...and that even children had to work long hours in them. We learned all about a religious group, "The Shakers"...they were a fascinating people! We also learned that New Hampshire is called "the Granite State"...they have huge deposits of this stone...and their state capitol building is made of none-other than...granite! :0)

We also learned that New Hampshire holds a Moose festival every year. You can eat a moose burger...or moose stew...neither sounded appetizing to us! But we did research "moose calling"...



And then tried it out for our self...





In learning about each of these states, the history is obviously RICH in focus of Native Americans. Seeming as though Thanksgiving is fast approaching, we decided to put more of our attention on the Native Americans this week, than in prior weeks. We first worked with clay...





And attempted to make things that the indians would have made...







I had hoped to go to the grocery store to find a large box for the kids to construct into a canoe...but would you believe...one was delivered to our house! Bea's new bookcase for her room arrived, and this box provided MUCH entertainment!





...but was never used as a canoe, HAHAHAHA!...eh, whatcha gonna do...oh well.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA...super cute ending to this post!

    I especially love the pic of Jenni on Brady's bike... priceless!

    ReplyDelete