Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Competition: Week 2

Wow, what a difference a week makes!

Last week I was struggling to stick to my diet, and struggling to fit exercise in to my schedule. But this week...I was in The Zone! Katie and I often talk about "The Zone." It's the feeling you have when both mental and physical efforts work together flawlessly to produce weight loss. Some days (and weeks) it is hard to not eat 1200 calories...before lunch! And other days (and weeks)...when you are in "The Zone" it is hard to make yourself eat 1200 calories in your entire day!

This was definitely a week when I was gifted The Zone! Eating healthy came naturally. Avoiding destructive foods was EASY! (WHAT!?) I journaled everything I ate and the calorie count in my notebook, every day. I planned out my exercise for the week...and I stuck to it! I worked out 6 days this week, and I was perfect on my diet every day! I hope "The Zone" sticks around...instead of the rolls on my belly!

One interesting fact for the week...

This week marked the 1 year anniversary of my YMCA membership. I have never regretted purchasing this membership, and I am so glad that I have put it to good use! There are so many things that we buy...play with for a little while...and then forget about. This was not one of those things. This gym membership was the single most important tool to my marathon training...this gym membership introduced me to my old love, "Zumba," and my new love, "Spin." This gym membership provided an opportunity for me to grow closer to 2-B by working out together on a regular basis...and meet up with other friends at the gym as well (shout-out to Katie & Kathy!) I feel good about the fact that I have been serious about my physical activity for a year. :0)

I was reminded about how much I love my gym membership this week, when I had to workout at home one day because Wyatt had gotten sick. I brought out my exercise ball, and I popped in my workout DVD. Everything went South after that. :0( I was interrupted every 5 minutes...because someone wanted a piece of paper to draw on...someone needed me to wipe them...someone was hungry...someone was thirsty...someone was in someone elses room..."someone" was fighting with "someone" else...it was AWFUL! It was SO distracting! This was a DVD that came with the exercise ball, and I had never opened it...for over 2 years...until then. It is hard enough to try something new even when you aren't distracted! I was miserable! Sooooo, when you are completely frustrated...and overwhelmed...and you have only had three and a half hours of sleep from the night before...AND when you are working out and your resistance band that you were stretching across your back, slips up and catches your hair into a PAINFUL knot, that WILL NOT COME OUT...



...you cry.

But then...you take a deep breath...patiently work your hair out from around the band (for over 15 minutes!!!)...and GET BACK TO WORK!

Total weight loss after week 2: 7 pounds. :0)

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO E!!!!

    And, only you would stop to take a picture of that, hahaha. I love you!

    ReplyDelete