Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grammy's Annual Halloween Party 2012

Yesterday was my mom's Annual Halloween Party for her grand-kids...well, and the adults too. ;0) This party is definitely high on our list of "Most Looked Forward to Events of the Year!"

This party is a bit different/special than the other events that we attend throughout the year because it is exclusive to our immediate family only. We LOVE all of our friends-that-are-like-family, and of course, even our extended family, but it's also neat to do this one party a year that is "just us." :0)

My mom was never super big on the idea of Halloween when my siblings and I were young children, but I think she is finally embracing the fact that her birthday is ON Halloween and she has definitely stepped-up her Halloween game for her grand-children.

This party has been a fun tradition since the littles were LITTLE...

Flashback to 2006...

 

Where did all of those babies...and cute CHUBBY little cheeks go!?!?!

6 years later the tradition continues...

The kids always dress up in their costumes, and this year, the oldest boys from each family decided (on their own) that they wanted to be Spiderman, LOL!!!

 
 
 
My mom did an awesome job decorating for the par-tay...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brady was mesmerized by Grammy's steeping cauldron...

 
 
There were gifts for all of the munchkins...

 
 
 
Among other things, all of the kids were gifted their annual Halloween Jammies :0)...

 
 
And pumpkin carving...

 
 
The eats were fantastic!!!...

 
 
 
 
 
 
And dessert of course!...

 
I understand that there was also homemade key-lime-pie ice cream (by request), and a delicious gingerbread cake, with salted caramel sauce drizzled on top, and another homemade ice cream (vanilla???) on the side of that cake...my mom ALWAYS manages to out-do herself!!! :0)

I loved being with my family :0)...

 
 
 
And my husband made it (fluttering heart)!!!...

 
I'm so disappointed that I did not get any pictures of them, but super-big-SHOUT-OUT to my BIL Desmon, and my step-mom Michelle...they were there too!!! :0)

Thank you mom for all of your hard work and generosity!!!...We had SO MUCH FUN!!!...


And so did they!!!...

2 comments:

  1. This Halloween party looks so cool. That time is coming again. We too have started creating crafts for our Halloween bash that we have planned to host at one of the vintage Los Angeles event venues. From tumblr and pinterest we have got most of the craft ideas.

    ReplyDelete