Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Week 40)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

I had an exciting week in food, and weight loss!

In food, I ventured to a delicious breakfast joint called "Snooze"! Four of us shared a "flight of pancakes", which included a Boston Cream Pie pancake, a Pineapple Upside-down Pancake (with cinnamon butter, and a sweet cream sauce), and finally a Sweet Potato pancake (with walnuts, maple butter, and a caramel sauce drizzled all over it)...YUM!!! ...


And then, because those pancakes were for sharing, we ordered our own entrees as well...(which I ended up sharing this also)...a gigantic breakfast burrito!!!...


 
Everything was really quite tasty!!!

On a healthier note, my family had the privilege of hosting the rest of our family at our house for our weekly Family Dinner Night!

I lightened up a recipe from "The Barefoot Contessa" (a chef/show on the food network)...and made a reduced fat/calorie version of her "Fresh Herb Dip"...


For the main entree I stuck to my WW cookbooks...I made a Greek Salad...

 
...and "Wine Braised Chicken with Artichokes and Olives..."

 
Everything came out perfectly! :0) And for dessert, I kept to the same path, using my WW cookbooks...I made "Pumpkin Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting"...


Those did not disappoint either! I highly recommend all of these recipes! :0)

So for this week on the scale, I was down 6 pounds. :0)

That is the great news!

The not-so-great-news, is that we are now at the 1st of October, and that marks the end to another quarter of 2012. I wish I had super exciting results to share like I have been able to do at the end of the prior 2 quarters, but I don't. :0/

With all of my ups, and downs...and then, more ups...and then, some downs...I am almost at the same place I was at the start of the 3rd quarter. To be exact though, I am up 5 pounds since the beginning of July. My measurements are very similar to those in July as well. I didn't lose any inches, but some of the measurements were exactly the same, and others were slightly bigger, but by no more than a half inch. So the 3rd quarter was basically a wash.

That is not the best scenario for my end-of-the-year-finish-line.

But the good news???...It's not over yet!...I still have 1 quarter left!!...also known as 3 months...or, 12 weeks...or 84 days...or 2,016 hours...or 120,960 minutes (and trust me, sometimes I feel like I have to accomplish this journey one minute at a time...decision-by-decision...to eat the cake, or not eat the cake).

For WW, they give you a "Healthy Goal Weight Range" that you need to fall in to, in order to meet your goal weight. You select a single number within that range to aim for. I currently have just 16 more pounds to lose to make it to the top of their range. But my personal goal, (and it is within their range for me) is 22 pounds away.

I SO want to still aim for that (personal) goal by the end of the year!!! It will be a serious challenge...but what's new???...consistent weight loss has ALWAYS been a challenge for me.

So I have no (other good) choice but to keep pressing on. :0)

Your biggest fan,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment