Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

FINALLY Fall was Found!

We were all so excited to welcome the month of October in our home! October 1st always feels like the official start to the holiday season...at least to me. :0)

October may have arrived, but the summer heat was going NO WHERE! :0(

There was shirt-less construction work going on with cousins...

 
 
My masterpiece...

 
We enjoyed a pool play date...

 
...where my Beatrice has continued her fearless ways with regard to the water...jumping off of the edge of the tall jacuzzi!...

 
While I got my snuggle time in with little "JJ"...6 weeks old already!

 
I just love the "extra padding" around his neck! I absolutely adore him!

 
Bea and I had a warm evening walk with Grammy...the discoveries were endless! There were multiple gorgeous dragonflies out and about...
 
And snakes!!!...ones that were living...

 
...and ones that had "moved on"...

 
We ventured to the library this week...which is something we haven't done in a very LONG time (I'm not sure why???)...

 
Of course there was the (almost) daily trip to the gym...

 
And Beatrice opened her own little restaurant "Apple Pie & Hot Chocolate!" She was quite serious about this task...she "worked" in her restaurant every.single.day. The rest of us were blessed with great service...and calorie-free food! :0)
 
And as always, there was school, school, and more school!...

 
In addition to Wyatt's required curriculum, I made it our mission in these past couple of weeks to have Wyatt master/memorize all of his times-tables. In hind-sight, I wish I would have done this last year, in 2nd grade, when multiplication was first introduced, but I didn't, and that is just one of those things you learn when you are doing this parenting/home-schooling thing with the first child. I will be wiser with the 2nd-go-around. :0) We were working on our multiplication facts at home, on breaks at the dance studio, and most often, drills, drills, and more drills driving around in the van. It was really hard work...for both of us...but we did it! I don't have any pictures of this particular mission, lol, but the accomplishment of Wyatt memorizing all of his times tables is certainly worthy (too me, at least) of a substantial shout-out in the blog! :0)

In the world of performing arts...

Bea and I had fountain-fun while Wyatt was taking his piano lessons...

 
And there was dancing...

 
 
...and dancing...

 
...and drumming!...

 
When the heat just would NOT let up, Wyatt threw common-sense out of the window, and declared, "It's Fall...I'm wearing a jacket!"...even though it was 100+ degrees outside!

 
I thought he was crazy!...and told him so!

But the following day, when the temperatures were still soaring, and I was itching to decorate the house with our Fall/Halloween decorations, I figured, "Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" So I cranked up our A/C, and put a pot of simmering mulled cider on the stove! The kids helped make peanut butter cookies for our decorating party...

 
There was snacking during our viewing of "It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown"...

 
 
 
And then the decorating commenced...

 
My FAVE decorations that my hunny bought me years ago ((fluttering heart))...

 
And since the pancake molds were discovered in our box of decorations, and because it just happened to be breakfast-for-dinner-night at our house, we decided to cap off our decorating evening with Halloween pancakes :0)...

 
I should have known that wasn't the end of our Halloween-decoration-prep though...Wyatt looooves to decorate his room too...with homemade decorations! We spent another evening crafting and creating together...
 
 
 
And would you know!?!? Fiiiiiiiinally the weather has cooled down!!! What a wonderful relief from the heat! What an exciting change to our year! We are THRILLED to welcome in the Fall Season!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment