Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fun in the Sun!

We had such a fun "typical Summer" week! :0)

After what seemed to be far too long of a gap since our last visit, we made our way back to the beach! In addition to wonderful conversation in the sand, selfishly, it was so nice to go to the beach with my very-pregnant-friend, because she was happy to park herself in a chair for most of the day, and I was able to catch several waves on my boogie board for an hour while she kept an eye on the littles. Some of you may not know this...but I LOVE boogie boarding!!...and putting my humble attitude aside (obviously), I will admit, that I am actually quite brilliant at it. But enough about me! ;0) When I wasn't acting as the "boogie board whisperer," I was watching my daughter dig in the sand...




...and we worked as a group to collect HUNDREDS of sand crabs in our bucket!...



The following day we reunited with some of our MOPS friends at a pool party...







Bea's favorite part was the waterslide!...





We spent a couple of days with our cousins this week! Some might say that time spent together was relaxing...


...Others might say that time together was silly (and potentially dangerous, lol)...



...While others might say, that even though you are dressed in night-vision-goggles, and riding on a super cool sparkler-making-riding-toy, that this time together was boring...



(Note to self: Auntie needs to think of something more creative than, "Let's go outside and PLAY!")

When Wyatt decided to stay home with Daddy while Beatrice & I went out and ran some errands, that provided an opportunity for us to have a spur-of-the-moment Starbucks date! (Shhhhhhh...don't tell Wyatt!!!)...




Later that same day, Beatrice and I shared another special moment together. From the time I found out that I was caring a little baby girl in my belly (Beatrice), I have been anticipating the moment when my daughter would be old enough for me to give to her all of my old Strawberry Shortcake dolls (with all of the their fabulous clothes and accessories!), and all of my old doll house furniture! Well, after doing some "Summer Cleaning/Organizing," we boxed up many of the toys she no longer plays with, and then I got my beloved bin of old toys out of our storage unit!! Oh the fun that was had!!!





In excitement for the upcoming holiday, we put on our American flare for church on Sunday...



...and we discovered that our bestie had the same thought process!...




And finally, we ended our week at "family dinner" where we celebrated the 30th birthday of my brother-in-law...shout out to Desmon!!!











Dessert time! Desmon LOVES Strawberry Shortcake!...so when I saw Paula Dean make a Strawberry Shortcake Trifle on one of her shows, I knew I HAD to make this for him!...









I'm certain his favorite gift was from Beatrice...a perfectly wrapped (by Beatrice, in a gift bag with tissue paper) Toys-R-Us gift card...



...that had NO money banked on it! HAHAHAHA!

Happy Summer Y'all! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment